Gratuitous 2021 Scale Model World Telford Post

Dennis7423

On 11/13/2021 at 3:29 AM, Dennis7423 said:

I agree. Not unexpected, but I have to admit, not likely to be a big seller. Was secretly hoping for something new tool, like a *ahem* B-26 Marauder (I can still hope, right?), or even a scale down of their B-25's to 1/48. They've gotten release something to inject some more income into their operation. These slight variations of existing kits just can't be fitting the bill, can they? Feel free to suggest a 1/32 B-26 while you're at their table, if you wouldn't mind.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

I dont want to sound like one of those modeller's Dennis, but it doesn't look like we will ever get a Marauder in 1/32....it is the only bomber in our scale that I would get, I have no interest in the other mainstream subjects available,  but doesn't look as though it will ever happen.

Jeff.

2 hours ago, Jeff T said:

I dont want to sound like one of those modeller's Dennis, but it doesn't look like we will ever get a Marauder in 1/32....it is the only bomber in our scale that I would get, I have no interest in the other mainstream subjects available,  but doesn't look as though it will ever happen.

Jeff.

Now que a Marauder, lets just hope it’s HKM not Hobby Boss.  

On 11/12/2021 at 8:49 PM, Jack said:

Great pictures, thanks for showing, and ....btw what scale is that Skycrane?? Could it be the upcoming 1/35 promise for 2022?

Not sure of the scale, but it's scratchbuilt by Ian Mcgonagle, who coincidentally won the first airscale Trophy with a KA6D intruder tanker :)

of the pics that have been shown, the He111 looked great - something properly weathered rather than lots of glossy jets!

No more pictures?

No new news?

Bit of a downer that that is it for the greatest modelling show in Europe?

Hopefully there is another thread that I have missed?!

21 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

of the pics that have been shown, the He111 looked great - something properly weathered rather than lots of glossy jets!

No more pictures?

No new news?

I agree... news has been pretty quiet. I'm curious to see what we're missing! Was there a non-disclosure agreement signed upon entry, prohibiting anyone from speaking until the coming week? :-p

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

watched the video... seems like pretty much nothing there

if even Airfix doesn't turn up to THE Brit modelling show, I think that tells you everything you need to know

obviously if it's to meet modelling friends then yes it's still cool, but for news / announcements etc then it was the dampest of squibs

Edited by nmayhew

20 hours ago, nmayhew said:

No more pictures?

No new news?

Guys Iv'e posted a few LSP build images here 

I have to say, I disagree a little with Chance's view of what Telford was.

There was of course less of everything, certainly from the International participants, traders and manufacturers, point of view simply because of the hoops they have to Jump through to get here (Covid not Brexit.) 

Given the circumstances I think what we got was the best event possible and IMPS UK need to be applauded.

One situation I was made aware of and that I had not considered is that if a manufacturer brings products into the UK they may have to pay import duty and VAT, something that they do not get back if kits remain unsold so this may cause companies like HPH or Eduard for example, to consider their position which straight away reduces the number of stands. 

I'm not saying that this will absolutely be the case but it may have an effect. 

Kotare had a virtual Q and A event where a QR code is scanned which put you in direct contact with staff members who were up at Midnight NZ time having a bbq on the beach and chatting to Telford attendees. 

Builders have been busy during Lockdown with and extremely high quality if not smaller, competition area, in fact I felt modellers had been busy across the board. 

Telford had the distinct flavour of starting up again and to compare this years event with any of the previous years would, in my opinion, be foolish in the circumstances.

One significant development is around display tables. In an effort to recoup some costs, the organisers have avoided putting ticket prices up, or in fact increasing the charges for traders stands instead choosing to apply a charge to table space. 

Each club or sig will be given a 6ft x 4 ft space for free with each subsequent 6 ft  table costing an additional £5.00. so for our usual 18Ft it will cost us £20.00 not an issue because I feel its worth it. 

Finally and above anything else, I got the sense that folks are just happy that something took place even though it was a small step towards "Normality"