Any model kits of Boeing B17G (actual earliest version)

frothingillbellows

15 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

Apparently the E/F boxing of the kit includes three different noses,

image017__26538.1481029138.jpg?c=2

You could post a request for the relevant parts in the Traders Board?

Thank you Dennis for your kind offer as well as  for the very informative information from yourself and others. I live in Australia.  As I said before I would like to make this model in 1/32 scale but with all the modification necessary I have to debate if I have the skills to do all the modifications required. Certainly looks like more complicated than I expected and will have do more research.I mostly build wooden ships and now getting back into plastic building. 
I also note that there is also a blister of some kind above the nose as in the later G models but not clear if the same. 

Edited by frothingillbellows

The blister on the top of the nose is for the astrocompass, a navigator’s tool.  These were present on the B-17F’s after the first 300 and continued through the G model.  Some aircraft, at least in the 91st BG (which your chosen subject was assigned to), replaced the astrocompass blister with a flat piece of plexiglass.  There is a photo of “909” showing this mod.  I don’t know the reason for the modification but I’ve seen it on more than one fort of the 91st BG.