New Old Man Blog and wow!

Ryan

7 hours ago, BiggTim said:

I don't do jets, but the ONLY one that continually calls to me is the Phantom. I may have to join the dark side sometime, and one of these guys kits would be a great way to do it.

Just finished building their F4-E (see the thread on the non-LSP forum).  It's good but with some caveats.  From what I've been told the Tamiya is a much better 1:48 Phantom, and I'll be doing that one next (F-4B).

7 hours ago, Juggernut said:

I'm hoping ZM will see fit to add slats to their 1/48 F-4E and make a late version so I can build a Greek F-4E.  I also hope they tool up F-4G parts along with those slats so I can build and F-4G (the Hasegawa kit is long OOP).

The Hypersonic Models aftermarket slats/slatted outer wings are super-nice and fit the Z-M kit perfectly.  I was very happy with them on my recent HAF F-4E.

8 minutes ago, Johnny Cloud said:

No mention of their P-51B.  :mellow:

That is way down the road from what I can tell.  They are not showing even much on the 190 series yet.  I bet 2023 or 2024 time frame on that one.  I wish it were coming sooner.  Kotare should jump on this if they want to make a lot of early money after their first Spit.

13 hours ago, Alex said:

Just finished building their F4-E (see the thread on the non-LSP forum).  It's good but with some caveats.  From what I've been told the Tamiya is a much better 1:48 Phantom, and I'll be doing that one next (F-4B).

The Hypersonic Models aftermarket slats/slatted outer wings are super-nice and fit the Z-M kit perfectly.  I was very happy with them on my recent HAF F-4E.

I know as I’ve been watching your marvelous build.  I’m just a tad on the cheap side though so I’ll choose to wait and see what ZM provides.

17 hours ago, Troy Molitor said:

ZM know this will make them money.  (Bf-109).  Good on them.  I'm not an all interior works builder, however I'll pick up their 109 kit when released.  I'm more interested in the next Hs 129 Eastern front release.  Hmmmmmm. :coolio:

For not even having 1 example of this airframe in my display cabinet, I've said many times the 109 seems overly done in our scale compared to some other airframes, but I realize this is actually a smart move on their part. I also know the Has kits like I have in my stash have become very hard to get even remotely reasonably these days, so it really does seem a good money maker move on their part.

As to the B-3...................I already have one of Herr Schatton's B-3 conversions for the ZM B-2 kit, but patiently waiting for ZM to release their B-3 version. I still am going to use Herr Schatton's BK 7.5 cm brass gun on the ZM kit as it is truly a thing of beauty.

51431178619_e3eee183dc_b.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 4:48 PM, Jennings Heilig said:

The nanosecond Tamiya announces their 1/48 F-4C/D, the five ZM kits I have will be up for sale. Not even in the same league as Tamiya.

I'm guessing an F-4J, but it could be a C/D. Or even an F-4EJ. They entered service in 1972.

I'm glad for those that like Z-M kits. Personally, I like the Revell Gustavs with a bit of Barracuda corrective resin and Brassin bronze legs. Looking forward to Revell's G-2/4 due next April.

Tony