Great Wall Hobby P-40B- preorders

Jan_G

Sad that we won't see it this side of Christmas, but good things take time. For those on this side of the pond that are bad at math, that's roughly $140 for this sucker. But remember, before we get into another tussle, that's just a pre-order price, and it will likely change. I expected in the $100 ballpark based on the detail level, and it appears it'll be roughly around that.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

it looks fantastic

Flying Tigers have never done it for me though, so i will be looking for RAF options (the original sharkmouths ;)) but I understand that gunsights and some other canopy features were materially different

In a normal kit i might consider just building it anyway, but it almost seems a shame in this case not to wait for some parts which correct it for RAF

I really like the wings moulded as one - no dihedral issues - and the wing fillets moulded as separate parts; i think that makes construction so much easier

very pleased to see this kit

N

Yeah, the North Africa Tomahawk Is look good.. They were the original P-40 sharkmouths but I believe they were inspired by Bf 110s they saw?

Great colour-options though and there were both .30 cals and .303s for some variation noone will notice.. ;)

Ah, there were canopy differences?

The B/Cs are my fav -hawks, best-looking "mouth". :D

Preordered one for £110 shipped. About the same as what i'd pay for a Tamiya kit. G.W.H Kits aren't on the cheaper side of the scale and their quality is very nice. I have had a few of their 1/48 jets over the years. Looks like the kit comes with some etch for the radiator grills and some canopy masks so theres some pennies saved there.