Revell 1/32 P-51D-5NA Mustang

Nikola Topalov

2 hours ago, Hans said:

Looking very good Nikola. I like your approach to the paintwork. And of course, welcome to the club!

Thank you very much Hans. Appreciated. :)

I am glad that you find my complementary pre-shading method interesting.

I like to experiment and play with colour in any medium, especially modelling. :)

If you wish to take a look, below is the link to the topic I started on the Britmodeller forum where I cover a couple of models which I have done so far using this method.

I still have a long way to go before mastering it. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235063321-complementary-pre-shading-trying-out-a-new-pre-shading-method/

Best,

Nikola

• 4 months later...

Thank you for these posts and pictures, Nikola.  I’ve just begun one of these kits so I’ve binged your posts and found them most useful, particularly the trick to widen the windshield part with a toothpick.  "Wizard!" as our Brit mates would say.   Your work is very well done.

• 1 month later...

Hi gents,

Finally got some free time (when I am not too tired) to continue working on the pony.

My first checkerboard pattern masking and painting done. I screwed up in one place but it's an easy fix.

Next is painting the exhausts, then a gloss coat and then decals. 

Best,

Nikola

voUwasU.jpg

Btirc9P.jpg

pPim808.jpg

cXeRrtk.jpg

rZdzMhw.jpg

a3y0piN.jpg

On 3/15/2022 at 2:49 AM, AdamR said:

Thank you for these posts and pictures, Nikola.  I’ve just begun one of these kits so I’ve binged your posts and found them most useful, particularly the trick to widen the windshield part with a toothpick.  "Wizard!" as our Brit mates would say.   Your work is very well done.

You're welcome Adam. 

I learned a lot form the guys on forums and I always like to contribute back. :)

Looking forward to seeing your build.

Best,

Nikola