HpH DC-3 released

Archimedes

Nice to see the HpH DC-3 released finally. The price is high but this is the only game in town at this scale (1/32) of probably the most significant civil airliner in history and the progenitor of all modern airliners

HpH have chosen great markings for it too. Love the Continental colours. 

Best regards
Paul

Love the DC-3 and I agree the Continental colors are very classic looking.

Hope that release spurs the aftermarket decal companies some to produce some 1/32 DC-3 Airlines sheets for Pan American etc. Anything that size is really lacking. I was looking for alternatives to the Deago decals before biting off that possibility and I'm glad I waited. Still spendy but so nice to have a LSP sized non wood kit available. 

Having just splurged out for the C47 after all these years i'm really looking forward to receiving it. When it will get built is another question. 

That said when i do build it I will also be looking into options on how to make the outer wings removable to help in displaying the beast! 

Edited by Phartycr0c

If I‘m not mistaken, the DC-3 had a single door on the right-hand side, and the C-47/-53 and R4D had a double door on the left-hand side. So you can‘t make a post-war, civilianized C-47 OOB from this kit. Seems like a missed opportunity?

That does seem expensive.  Especially when you can get a 1:48 kit of the thing for $50 (albeit not with the full-on PE details).

For airline liveries, at 1:32 you could probably do about whichever one you wanted with paint, as long as you have a good mask cutting machine.  Lettering too small to paint could be done with generic or home-made decals.

Regardless, I'm sticking to my guns (and cheap kits) - commercial aviation is 1:144 in my world!

8 minutes ago, mattcour said:

A C-47 could have been much more attractive. I would buy one then in order to make a gunship.

I thought HPH did have a C-47 in their portfolio of kits. I stand to be corrected if I’m mistaken or it’s not the correct version. 

http://shop.hphmodels.cz/en/model-kits-in-scale-132/204-c-47-skytrain.html

4 minutes ago, Stokey Pete said:

I thought HPH did have a C-47 in their portfolio of kits. I stand to be corrected if I’m mistaken or it’s not the correct version. 

http://shop.hphmodels.cz/en/model-kits-in-scale-132/204-c-47-skytrain.html

That is exactly what I was talking about, thank you! I was unaware they released that!!

Just now, mattcour said:

That is exactly what I was talking about, thank you! I was unaware they released that!!

I only recalled it as I’m also rather tempted by one. It’s outside of my usual subject matter but think it’d look damned fine on the shelf. 

1 minute ago, Stokey Pete said:

I only recalled it as I’m also rather tempted by one. It’s outside of my usual subject matter but think it’d look damned fine on the shelf. 

I have to see if I can convert this into a gunship, as that would be my purpose in buying this expensive kit.

Out of my modeling range as well, but that would be the king of any shelf... a big shelf of course :)

1 hour ago, Stokey Pete said:

I certainly would be impressive.

With that big of a wing we might need a table not a shelf!  LOL

4 minutes ago, KUROK said:

I certainly would be impressive.

With that big of a wing we might need a table not a shelf!  LOL

I have a plan for that.

I’d encase it in a clear box, which I’d then incorporate into a table top. Showing it off, while also being a functional piece of furniture.