HD Colour film of Luftwaffe aircraft abandoned on Fritzlar Airfield, May 1945

Every time I watch that video, I notice new stuff.  Some new takeaways:

• Love those -110 night fighters.   Some appear to be in the late war scheme of solid RLM75 over 76 and then later, covered with "squiggles" of darker green paint (one of the late war greens I'd assume) to hide them while on the ground.   That scheme, coupled with the patches of red primer on the nose make me really want to build a 110G-4.
  • Also noted the bright patches of rust on the -110's engine exhaust.
  • Note how absolutely filthy the rockets are on that Typhoon.   Compare to most models that show immaculate ordinance mounted. 
  • Finally, a classic (from an ex-grunt's standpoint).   Many LOL's were had looking at the Brit pilot shoving that overfed REMF Lt Col in the butt to help him get up on the wing of the Typhoon.   I'm surprised that guy even fit in the cockpit.   You don't really grasp how tight those cockpits were when you are building them without a pilot in place. 

This film is truly amazing.

Awesome film!

Hey, if they're just going to scrap 'em, can I have the Fiesler Storch? I'm pretty sure, with the wings folded and some air taken out o' the tires, I can get 'er into my garage!

Did I say "PLEASE"?

Cheers,

Wolf

Edited by Wolf Buddee