Reskit F-4E style exhausts

Breaker

Well, I've got a set and I spent some time removing the pour blocks and test fitting. 

Thoughts

+ Cans are the correct size and fill the space well. 

+ Detail is really good, should be easy to pick out with paint. 

- The Turbine section / Exhaust Tube section don't fit together well at all. Considering this is CAD, I can't figure that one out. 

- The box are shows the exhausts have a slot milled in the side to accept the kit part to locate them. This doesn't exist on the actual parts and there's no location aids out the box. 

- I get the feeling they'll need to be fully painted and installed before the kits gets fully built. 

Going to do some more test fitting with a stalled F-4E and if there's enough interest, I'll upload some photos. 

Excellent,

They look great and you said they are properly sized to fit the Tamiya kit!

I have many hours sitting inside the exhaust section preforming Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) testing and they look the part.

Thank you,

Barry

23 hours ago, Barry said:

Excellent,

They look great and you said they are properly sized to fit the Tamiya kit!

I have many hours sitting inside the exhaust section preforming Exhaust Gas Temperature (EGT) testing and they look the part.

Thank you,

Barry

EGT testing?  How thick was your asbestos  suit?  :rolleyes:

Sorry I couldn't resist...

Edited by Mark B.
Sp

The jetcans look great, but is that Reskit 32-0041 for the Tamiya or is it 32-0043 for the Revell?

It looks more like the latter based on the Hannants catalogue, unless Reskit have changed the design a bit. The diameter of the tube fwd of the jetcan looks reduced, just like the Reskit-for-Revell tubes, which would be a good thing. 

Cheers

Tony

Edited by Tony T
doppelganger text

I also asked ResKit about the Tamiya cans as the box drawing showed the exhaust tubes tied together with the center tab with a screw hole like the Tamiya parts, but what was in the box were two separate exhaust tubes, like as shown on the Revell can box.  I thought I had gotten the wrong parts, but they said they changed, and what I got was correct.

• 1 year later...

I am in the same fix at the moment.  I have the Reskit F-4E exhausts for the Tamiya kit and am trying to figure how they are installed,  I am not sure if I am to use the center tab with the screw and remove the stock engines, then glue the Reskit tubes to it, or to leave it out altogether. 

Has anyone completed this install, and if so how did you do it?  Breaker did you get yours installed? Any guidance would be appreciated.

Greg

Edited by 32scalelover

The only AM exhaust cans that mimicked the stock mounting are the Aires sets but they're undersized. 

Although not the Reskit burner cans, when I used the GT Resin ones I just inserted them into the assembled fuselage. They basically were a friction fit. Not too tight, but tight enough to stay in place and even adjust their angle. 

20171216_213720-L.jpg

20171221_103750-L.jpg

DSC_0001-L.jpg

Hope that helps. 

Carl 

9 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

The only AM exhaust cans that mimicked the stock mounting are the Aires sets but they're undersized. 

Although not the Reskit burner cans, when I used the GT Resin ones I just inserted them into the assembled fuselage. They basically were a friction fit. Not too tight, but tight enough to stay in place and even adjust their angle. 

20171216_213720-L.jpg

20171221_103750-L.jpg

DSC_0001-L.jpg

Hope that helps. 

Carl 

Yes that helps a lot Carl thanks!!  So you installed them after you assembled and painted the kit. That makes sense, as I was not sure how I was going to paint them if I had to install them before starting painting the plane.

Greg 

Edited by 32scalelover

8 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Greg, I don't recall if I thinned the opening out or not before I assembled everything. I don't think I did but maybe do a dry fit beforehand?

Carl

Thanks for the tip. I will check to make sure everything fits before I start painting.  Did you end up super gluing them in place or just leave them friction fit?

Greg

On 11/2/2021 at 8:17 PM, Barry said:

Hi Sir,

I would love to see photos of these Afterburner Sections and Exhaust Nozzles. I'm sure others fell the same! :thumbsup:

Barry

Yes, me too, Please do! 

Stefan :beer:

Edited by Phantom2

14 hours ago, 32scalelover said:

Thanks for the tip. I will check to make sure everything fits before I start painting.  Did you end up super gluing them in place or just leave them friction fit?

Greg

I left them as a friction fit. They never fell out or moved after I was done.