Curious, has anyone produced an early P-40 actually using the wing as the floor for the cockpit?

swede

Considering doing an early (B/C) P-40 but it seems that the companies producing the kits seem to want a flat separate floor instead of the curved floor and curved sidewalls. Has there been a kits actually having this in the design? Preferably 1/32nd scale.............appreciate any info on this .........

1 hour ago, eoyguy said:

Those delivery dates make me think they are actually preorders.  Also, there are multiple sellers with the same price, delivery dates, and misspelling of “Hawke”.  I’ve ordered from a couple of those sellers, and they seem legit, though.

Well, thanks for all the info!!! It looks like Great Wall may have done what should have been done way back! The idea of a full mold upper wing could never have been that difficult to produce! The build might have been a bit fiddly with the old molds but the machines have been up to the ability to do this for a good while. I would grab now if not for the already stated delivery times and the problems already occurring for China products setting off the West Coast. I do want this kit, I only hope to live long enough to receive one.

Someone above mentioned Lone Star. I was looking through some of his stuff not to long ago and can't remember seeing a floor conversion for a -40. Did I miss read the above comment???

5 minutes ago, swede said:

Someone above mentioned Lone Star. I was looking through some of his stuff not to long ago and can't remember seeing a floor conversion for a -40. Did I miss read the above comment???

It wasn’t just a conversion, it was a complete cockpit.  You need a new IP and sidewalls too, because the Trumpeter addition of a floor made the cockpit too shallow, and correspondingly, these parts were shortened in the kit.  Still available, it seems.

https://lonestarmodels.com/product/lsm-320248-p-40-cockpit/

Edited by Dave Williams