RAF 235 squadron Mosquito scheme

RNoAF

3 hours ago, RNoAF said:

I am looking for information about the paint scheme and markings for Mosquito RS576 W of 235 squadron RAF as it appeared in march 1945. 

https://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/164397

I built one of it’s sister ships, LA-A from the same time period.  My guess would be field applied EDSG over the standard grey under surfaces.  Smaller chance of Sky undersurfaces.  I had a bunch of references for my build, I’ll take a look and see if I can find your ship in any of them.  

Edited by John1

26 minutes ago, John1 said:

I built one of it’s sister ships, LA-A from the same time period.  My guess would be field applied EDSG over the standard grey under surfaces.  Smaller chance of Sky undersurfaces.  I had a bunch of references for my build, I’ll take a look and see if I can find your ship in any of them.  

Thank you. Do you know if they had invasion-stripes?

10 hours ago, RNoAF said:

Thank you. Do you know if they had invasion-stripes?

I can't say for sure, but (as you no doubt know) stripes were removed in stages, and the final stripes were ordered to be removed by 31st December 1944.  The only exceptions were the reconnaissance aircraft in 2TAF's 34 Wing, and the A-26 (as it was an unfamiliar aircraft in theatre).  So with a date of March 1945, I would say there should be no stripes.  Unless photographic or other evidence shows otherwise for your subject.

Edited by MikeC