Saab Draken 1/32 jetmads

mark31

• mark31 changed the title to Saab Draken 1/32 jetmads

Well, looks like I'm going to have to go 1/24 scale for my Swedish aircraft subjects now!...Fantastic news - the Swedish air force (and SAAB in particular) are at long last getting the 1/32 love that they deserve! :)

Derek

Edited by Derek B

That is cool..As a kid I liked the Drakens mroe (saw the ones from F10 wing above me often). but now I like the Viggen more..

A buddy of mine, spent a week or two, as you did in 7th and 8th grade at a workplace at F 10 wing, watching them.. As well as AJSH, AJSF and AJS 47 Viggens.. Where did I go? To a bakery (eating donuts!) and then a nuclear power plant (chemistry department, so got to come very close to the "action"!).. Still, I was jealous..

Koenigsegg is in one of the old hangars last time i heard - even using that old Ghost emblem from one of the F 10 squadrons..

Last flgiht of Johan 56 - well, at F 10 anyway!  The only ones flying the J 35Js (the J is even for F 10, the tenth letter). They sure sounded cool as they came racing low over the Kattegat..

But had I beena  kid in the uk, I would have felt the same for a Lightning or a Tornado.. ;)

I would not mind seeing the Danish Drakens.. Strike Fighters, with much strenghtened wings and that gorgeous green camo. Loved the older one which faded heavily.

Edited by Paramedic