I16 type 10 Spanish civil war "Rata" 1/32 ICM

mc65

hi all, 

here is a little nice kit by ICM to wich I added Begemot decals, Yahu instrument panel, Rescue resin wheels and IGW seatbelts.

IMG_7222.JPEG

truly, all started some 40 years ago, when I saw this picture:

uoyq5q7v2j431.jpg

I collected references and the Azur kit for years (for decades!) but when ICM's kit appeared, I had no more excuses to procrastinate this project. the kit is accurate, yet somehow "heavy" and simple in many aspects. so I worked a bit the cockpit, adding flares, pistol, throttle quadrant, retracting landing gear handle and so on.

IMG_6555.JPEG

the kit's IP seems interesting, but I purchased the Yahu panel with the same order of the kit, so I used the latter.

IMG_6560.HEIC

not that you see much, in the end...

IMG_7250.HEIC

also in the engine compartment there are the very basic items, so I added oil radiator and his air duct from scratch.

IMG_6679.JPEG

I enriched the engine's rear with magnetos, carburettor, air intakes, spark plugs and wires, most of these spares from other built kits.

IMG_6681.JPEG 

doing the same with the front end, altough all will be buried under the tight cowling.

IMG_6749.jpeg

trought slight modifications to the kit's cowling I rendered the internal rotating plate fully functioning, leaving the chance to see something of the engine.

IMG_7275.JPEG

also on the rear i obtained access to the engine installing some micro magnetos on the upper and side panels, so these snaps on when you approach these to the fuselage.

IMG_7265.HEIC

actually I found little references about the Shvetson M-25 engine, but assumed it was the licence-built Wright R-1820, all appeared simpler. some gyzmo was necessary, anyway.

IMG_7260.HEIC

I was delighted by the Rescue wheels, a really nice product!

IMG_7212.JPEG

I kept to minimum the scratches on the Karman, being the real aircraft made mostly by wooden panels.

IMG_7217.JPEG

the Begemot decals where printed on a rather thick film, but after some working with dedicated liquid products and some pledge, these made their mark on the fuselage.

IMG_5074.HEIC

I painted the exaust fumes as per photos, and decided to leave the flaps up due no images of these down was found by me.

IMG_5090.HEIC

all in all, a really enjoiable building, I had a lot of fun with it. 

IMG_7215.JPEG

cheers, Paolo.