POTENTIAL Phantom sets in the pipeline

Ali62

I was going to add this into a current thread on a Phantom topic on a commercial set, but then decided it was not going to be appropriate so here it is.

I am making no promises, BUT I am looking at OPTIONS for 1/32 Phantom sets between now and early 2022.

There is a lot going down and promises of all sorts of kits and things in the pipeline for 1/32 scale Phantoms, but some have been promised for years and others are either disappointing or when they happen they maybe very expensive, who knows we will find out.

I still see a market for Tamiya and Revell kits that many have in their stash and or can be found and purchased at ‘REASONABLE’ prices, well that comes and goes as production happens especially Revell.

YOU WILL SEE AND HEAR IT FIRST HERE……

Long waiting for empty Navy outboard pylons w/o drop tanks for the F-4J. More often than not, Navy Phantoms flew with the center line tank only. They have been showing out of stock from GT Resins at Sprue Bros for as long as I can remember and have lost hope that any resin offering will be available any time soon...:(

Now, before someone chimes in, yes I know the Marine Phantom kit provides these pylons. But why should I have to buy a complete kit just for the pylons Tamiya didn't provide in their J release. And yes, I also look for the available tree on E-bay to no avail.

Mark Proulx

6 minutes ago, Dave Williams said:

I think one of the big things needed are correctly sized exhausts for the Tamiya -E and -J.  Although there have been many aftermarket sets made, most are undersized like the kit parts, or corrected, but hard to find/ OOP.

The new Reskit exhausts seem to be perfectly sized, certainly a larger diameter than most aftermarket. Sierra Hotel is correct too but darn near impossible to find…

Given how mad I am today with Phantom Phreaks/SprueBros for their ripoff of an approach to the high speed (curved) recce nose, I’d love to see a proper one of these

On 10/21/2021 at 11:31 PM, seiran01 said:

...snip...

Given how mad I am today with Phantom Phreaks/SprueBros for their ripoff of an approach to the high speed (curved) recce nose, I’d love to see a proper one of these

Ditto. I'd love a recce conversion set for the Tamiya that features a hollow nose and rudimentary cameras (e.g. the way Revell did them). It does affect the whole lower nose profile (boxier than the fighter) and front area of the lower wing with its prominent ECS ducts and vents, but if the hatches were cast separately in clear both flat and rounded noses would be possible.

(Or, an upgrade for the Revell RF-4E kit that fixes the ghastly canopy profile — assuming Revell repop this kit in Europe.) 

Another item I'd love to see are the AIM-4 Falcon missile inner wing pylon launch rails. A bit more obscure, I realise, but a feature of many F-4D/Es ca.1968-1972 and on Japanese F-4EJs well into the 1980s. Eduard Brassin make the missiles but no launch rails!  

Finally, an FG.1/F-4K airframe/nozzle conversion set for the Tamiya F-4J, taking the nozzles set further. 

Tony  

I know the old Wolfpack F4-EJ KAI is a highly sought after piece.  The ability to build a KAI from a standard E kit would be beneficial. 

Another would be a good set of intakes since DMold is touch and go when he's taking orders and Rhino no longer exists on eBay.  Tamaiya and Revell options would be great.

High quality B conversion?

• 3 weeks later...