Vigilante

Dandiego

32 minutes ago, Jack said:

Hi Dan, i'll just forget having tried to build a Vigilante myself some years ago, so: PLEASE SIGN ME UP, this is looking awesome......

Jack.

Sure Jack, you are on the list.

Dan

6 hours ago, Dandiego said:

Here is a mock-up of the VAH-1 markings. Making sure the sizes are correct.

AbfPD4d.jpg?1

Dan

Can’t tell if you got it right from the angle of this photo, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that the bunumber and carrier name were slanted to match the sweep of the vertical stab. This was common to all HATWING 1 squadrons until sometime after Heavy 5 got their RA-5Cs.  Could be they were delivered that way but the numbers may have been applied at squadron level because new airplanes were relatively unmarked.  Eventually, all Viggies would have vertical numbers but all the A3Js and and a lot of the RA-5Cs initially had slanted numbers on the tail.  There was a change at some point - could be the slanted numbers were replaced with vertical digits as soon as the airplane was repainted - I don’t know.  But I always thought the swept digits looked sooooo much better than the upright ones because they helped emphasize the lines of the airplane.

2 hours ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Can’t tell if you got it right from the angle of this photo, but I’d be remiss if I didn’t point out that the bunumber and carrier name were slanted to match the sweep of the vertical stab. This was common to all HATWING 1 squadrons until sometime after Heavy 5 got their RA-5Cs.  Could be they were delivered that way but the numbers may have been applied at squadron level because new airplanes were relatively unmarked.  Eventually, all Viggies would have vertical numbers but all the A3Js and and a lot of the RA-5Cs initially had slanted numbers on the tail.  There was a change at some point - could be the slanted numbers were replaced with vertical digits as soon as the airplane was repainted - I don’t know.  But I always thought the swept digits looked sooooo much better than the upright ones because they helped emphasize the lines of the airplane.

Maybe hard to see but the bu number and carrier name are slanted.

Dan

1 hour ago, easixpedro said:

Dang it.  Now you've got me imagining an in-flight scene.  The Vigi is the sleekest looking jet ever and I'm envisioning a scene of a photo bird rocketing over a target (those ground blur bases would be perfect for this).

Hmmm.  Gonna have to think about this one.

EA6, This is an A3J bomber version. Hadn't planned to do the recce bird. Although I wouldn't say never, there would need to be a lot of demand to consider.

Dan

I have improved the main gear design. The large tab and slot are a great improvement to strength and ease of alignment. Final design will have a sturdy wire core.

cYYozZD.jpg?1

ITshJn8.jpg?1

JkyooKi.jpg?1

Although I am striving for accuracy, I have made some small concessions to increase the strength of the gear.

Second decal option.

7ftpFvY.jpg?2

Thanks. 

Printer has been operating basically non-stop this week.

Dan