I am back and I am not happy!

theseeker

Well gentlemen,

After living in Africa, I am back in the US!

I was looking forward to setting up my hobby room and enjoying semi-retirement, only to find that my entire stash of kits was stolen. Now you know why I am an angry person.

Two people that worked for me unloaded my air conditioned storage containers and wiped me out. They literally took everything of value. Two 40' foot storage containers reduced to an 8x10 storage unit. Furniture, art, hobby stuff, massive steel workbench, all of my tools and even my great grandmothers iron skillet! WTF These two worked for me for years, I bailed them out of just every problem known to mankind and even loaned them a lot of money. I guess good deeds do not go unpunished?

Its a real pisser. My paints and some of my hobby tools are still around, but not one kit! Every one of my reference books, gone. The entire series from Eagle books all signed by the great Luftwaffe aces, gone. The Monogram series with all of the original colors, gone. I do feel violated and they knew exactly what they were doing. Im sure some lucky folks got some great deals on EBay!

Now I get to start all over again. I am happy to be back in Texas in the hill country.

Rocky

Prosecution, nope!

One must be creative. The IRS allows you to send 1099’s for stolen property as long as it’s accompanied by a police report, Bingo!

Why send them to jail? They would get three square meals and a bed to sleep in. Working for the government for twenty years is a far better punishment in my opinion.

Good to hear from you Brian and Kev!

Where did this happen?  Sounds like everything in storage was already in the US?  What a serious pisser.  You have all their contact information working for you, correct?   

I can't write about the current status of the US but it likely not the same as what you think it was when you left it.  

4 minutes ago, Troy Molitor said:

Where did this happen?  Sounds like everything in storage was already in the US?  What a serious pisser.  You have all their contact information working for you, correct?   

I can't write about the current status of the US but it likely not the same as what you think it was when you left it.  

:whistle:

Edited by BiggTim

12 hours ago, eoyguy said:

Well, on a positive note, you made it back from Africa alive, which to me, is no small feat. It seems that there is no shortage of things trying to kill you on that continent, even makes Australia a little jealous...:beer4:

It's not THAT bad. Been living in Africa most of my life. 

Rocky, I’m really sorry that happened to you. I was robbed several times last year, by the same people, and lost most of my modeling gear, among many other things. Having your life edited by criminals is a terrible experience. In my case, the police couldn’t put a stop to it until I literally caught the thieves breaking and entering into my home. 

Good luck to you, and welcome back.

Adam