Hobby 2000 Spitfires (IA, IIA, VA) released (Revell rebox)

Jan_G

Same need to selectively skim over the Revell parts with a trowel of filler to suppress those eyesore divots, but the decals, plus the new resin prop and radiator look very very nice indeed and make it highly appealing. Tamiya, you snooze and lose. All the same, I believe mine's a 2022 vintage Kotare.

Tony 

2 hours ago, Chek said:

So this is still the last issue of the in-house Revell Mk I/II kit with the bulged fuselage sides and pregnant belly from what I can make out.

Looks like it to me.

9 hours ago, Chek said:

So this is still the last issue of the in-house Revell Mk I/II kit with the bulged fuselage sides and pregnant belly from what I can make out.

The shapes are not fully accurate but such issues have been noticeably exaggerated. This is surely not worse than the front fuselage cross section of the Hasegawa kit and the rear fuselage one of the Hobby Boss kit.

I've still got a Revell Seafire which is essentially the 60s kit with the great fuselage surface detail,

and the Revell/Hasegawa Mk II hybrid with the 8 gun wing replacing the Vb wing which I was intending to combine.

But again I'll use the Kotare kit as a guide, maybe to make a very early 2-bladed prop version.

• 4 weeks later...

just picked up one of these. Revell plastic which is ok by me, I enjoy building the modern revell spitfires, they make up into decent looking for me.  Resin, masks and decals all look good and I like the box artwork. Overall not too bad and happy with the price/value for money. Looking forward to adding this to my spitfire shelf. 

3 hours ago, MikeMaben said:

If you don't mind my asking, Where did you acquire it ?  How much ?

Hi Mike, picked up from Hannants for £34 after their normal 10% backorder discount (this was for the MkIIa which has most resin - oil cooler and prop).  The mark 1a only has the oil cooler and it's £30, the MkVa has no resin and it's £27. Considering you get masks and new decals I thought the prices were really good for the modelling fun these kits provide.

• 8 months later...