Trumpeter 1/32 A-10 Night / Adverse Weather build

Tyrant05

Just started a build for my little boys room. He is still afraid of the dark, and me being in dad mode came up with a simple strategy. How about put not one but two 32nd scale A-10s over head his bed and tell him they are on station to provide CAS to keep him safe. 

So with today being my birthday and having got these yesterday as my self bought gift, I decided to start the N/AW first. 
C9dJyN3.jpg9XA8Jyr.jpg

More progress this morning. I honestly can say after never having built a trumpeter 1/32 aircraft before, I’m absolutely loving this build! I see some small corrections I’m going to have to make, but they don’t seem very complex and look to be easily solved. RnlxRgX.jpgVbOCr52.jpg9T48NH2.jpgybnmtNg.jpg

A little more progress on the ol girl before she arrives at the ball. Did 2oz ballast weight in the cannon drum and will be adding three more behind the drum inside the fuselage. (yes it’s a fishing weight lmao) 

Once I had the GAU-8 assembled I went ahead and assembled the forward landing gear bay followed by priming the inside of the fuselage. Then I did my first coat on the GAU rounds, barrels, and ammo trays. Going to do some more work on this bad boy tomorrow. 
 Starting to try and figure out how I am going to have to modify the landing gear to have the bays closed and gear retracted. Also wanting to find where to stow a pair of green LEDs in the cockpit to light it up at night. Gotta make her visible at night. 

EMGr4j4.jpgtbjQQ1i.jpgn0CroEd.jpgMOKjtDZ.jpg3JrmDjT.jpgJ8CRm2j.jpg

didn’t have brass paint so I mixed some Vallejo copper and Vallejo silver together. 

ycwOfRU.jpg

3 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

What a great way to ward off the closet monster. Kudos to you sir for taking on two of these kits.
I’ve just junked one after being totally unhappy with how it went up to the point it met with a hard surface at high velocity. 

I think we have all had a kit in our past that suffered a catastrophic crash due to fitment. I am honestly enjoying this build. Not too shabby in my opinion. But I am coming over to aircraft from kitty hawk and academy rotorcraft in 35th scale.

Second coated the gau8 and then placed it inside the forward fuselage. Closed it up and then glued my wings onto the main fuselage. 

I am beginning to notice some areas where I’m going to have to work with some putty and sandpaper to make it look right, but I think this will be worth it in the end. 

3og00yR.jpgJmC5wFM.jpg