fleet week 2021

I always wanted to go to fleet week. I am an avid photographer as well as model builder.  This trip was planned for a long time but did not realize it was going to be fleet week!.  The crowds were not to bad. I  got a nice perch near pier 39 near some other photographers.  FYI it was shot with a   canon 7d mark2  with a 70-200 zoom  mostly at 100 iso.  I have near 700 photos from the that day alone  so more to come if there is an interest  or   i can post  the  zenfolio address herep3359791700-6.jpgp3359789959-6.jpgp3359788732-6.jpgp3359790448-6.jpg

Edited by dashotgun
addes tags

Hard to tell without a sound meter or at least a c model to compare. They were loud the f 16 was louder I think. Later the next day we did a tour of Height Ashbury and on the way back got buzzed over head by the solo planes that got my attention. I have been to a lot of airshow I lived in tidewater near Langley and oceana and went to those almost every year this was so different due to the non airbase and marine setting it was a thrill. The 777 United plane was a hoot

canon  7d mark2 with the 70-200  no extender  although I have the 1.4 did not schelp it along,  we went hiking in the desert   of southern california and I streamlined my equipment.  I did not expect to go to fleet week due to the expected crowds we were pleasantly surprised it was not to bad.  I have more pictures and will post some more.  The blues were great,  the f-16 demo had wonderful  paint but did not fly particularly close. the  L-29 group was great as well and did a lot  of precision flying mimicking the blues.  runner ups were the united airlines demo funny to see the big airliner putting on a show.  I lived near Langly and Oceana for a time and went to  2 or three airshows a year but the shows were  on NAS and AFB so quite different.   I wish I had the time to tour some of the ships but swambo would not have been amused.  Did a lot of other fun stuff in San Francisco  we did a walking tour of Height Ashbury which was  fun  went to see the  4 sisters in Japan town as well.  It is a lovely city.

Edited by dashotgun