How dirty is your Harvard

9 hours ago, ivanmoe said:

As much as the locals appear to enjoy dirtying-up their models, I don't believe that I've ever seen a T-6 build as beat-up as these SNJ:

tumblr-mubno5-IAjd1sjqxemo1-1280.jpg

Note the lack of the tall antenna mast in front of the windscreen.  Seems all the rest have them.  And the canopy frames look to be bare aluminum.  Saw this on early Navy T-34s as well.

2 hours ago, Thomas Lund said:

How dirty it is ?? RIght now squaky clean, but I'll let you know when we get her fired up - one day...

9l942xY.jpg

I won't be holding my breath.  Long way to go.

1 hour ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Everybody was more slender back then. We’ve just become so used to rampant obesity it makes normal look strange.

Perhaps so, or maybe they just had less time on their hands to fritter away eating junk food.

'Nuther pic of SNJ with female aviation machinist mates:

1.jpg

Apart from highlighting the well worn finish of a navy trainer, the pic addresses the matter of dress among WAVE mechanics. Looks like it was service blue dungarees, just like the fellas.

On 10/15/2021 at 7:40 PM, Gazzas said:

Hi everyone,

Recently I've started collecting all-too-rare images of the undersides of aircraft in the hopes of learning to weather them better.  Here is today's find...   and Ex-French North American NAA-57 Harvard.

246059480_10223863976282005_676417889960

That's not a Harvard, its a North American NA-64 Yale

On 10/16/2021 at 6:23 PM, ivanmoe said:

Is it my imagination, or were women more slender back then?

Bear in mind, this is a picture taken by a photographer, not a candid snap. The subjects will have been chosen for the shot

An aside - did ground crew really paint slogans on bombs and shells? Or were they added by the photographer to make a better picture? My money is on option 2

Richard