2022 IPMS Nationals

phantom

12 hours ago, Radub said:

We just arrived at the hotel late in the evening on Wednesday. My seminar is at 12:30 in the Fedora 2 room on Thursday, all welcome. I am also taking the tour to the SAC museum on Thursday. I am looking forward to the show and maybe we can have a LSP gathering. 

Sorry I missed you, my friend! Hopefully I'll catch up with you at a future event.

There's a nice group of LSPs. When I left they have a overflow table for LSPs. I took photos too but they will have to wait 'til Saturday or Sunday for me to upload them. Saw some LSPs that I recognized from build threads here on LSP.

I Picked up a bunch of stuff, but not much LSP. I did eye up the Kinetic 1/24th P-47. Is that a new kit?

Our schedule has changed so we'll be on the road tomorrow. It's been nice visiting Omaha. Hopefully we'll be able to come back the next time the Nats are in Omaha and see more.

Dave

I know its all fun and games, but two things are a bit disappointing I found:

- No Zoukei Mura. The old man and crew did not make the trip, as apparently it would have been a mandatory 21 day quarantine for them had they left the home island for more than a week. 

- Bit of a bummer for those that were still holding out some hope for that series of Fw-190s from ZM. I did get confirmation from a reliable source that the gent who was leading the project at ZM is confirmed no longer working for them so the project has apparently been fully dropped. Maybe some have already confirmed that, but it was news to me.

On now to buying some tools, mask sets and maybe even a Bandai kit or two if I can find them at the right prices...........

27 minutes ago, adameliclem said:

It would be a major bummer if ZM canceled their Fw-190 project. It was pretty far along as of last year, but the Old Man’s blog admitted that designing it to their standards had been so frustrating that they’d considered dropping it. 

The source I talked to I considered pretty reliable. He knew the gent who was heading up the project for ZM and he is definitely no longer with ZM, so it seems the odds are pretty good the project is dead from ZMs point.