2022 IPMS Nationals

phantom

1 hour ago, denders said:

Well, I've registered. I'm only going to look at models and visit the vendor area. We'll also see a Storm Chaser's game (minor league baseball) while we're in town. My wife loves baseball. She may find a local knitting shop too.

Don’t forget the SAC museum. Just down the road!

2 hours ago, denders said:

Yup, not forgotten. I was there back in about '98 (I think). My memory wants to say they hadn't moved long before that and not everything was set up. 

Indeed, they had a lot of the displays outside still in the late 90s and early 2000s. 

Some great steakhouses/restaurants in town too. 

17 hours ago, denders said:

Well, I've registered. I'm only going to look at models and visit the vendor area. We'll also see a Storm Chaser's game (minor league baseball) while we're in town. My wife loves baseball. She may find a local knitting shop too.

Hopefully we can get together and go to the ball game together! 

Mike

19 hours ago, denders said:

She may find a local knitting shop too.

There is a "Celtic Quilter" a stones throw away from my house in Empire Park shopping plaza and about a 5-10 min drive from the Lavista Conf Center. 

There is also a Hobby Lobby off of 132nd street, also about a 10 min or so drive from the Lavista Conf Center.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

There is a "Celtic Quilter" a stones throw away from my house in Empire Park shopping plaza and about a 5-10 min drive from the Lavista Conf Center. 

There is also a Hobby Lobby off of 132nd street, also about a 10 min or so drive from the Lavista Conf Center.

There's also at least 4 breweries, a distillery and a place called Trucks and Taps (does food trucks and beer) within 5 minutes.  If you're into that sort of thing :)

5 hours ago, easixpedro said:

There's also at least 4 breweries, a distillery and a place called Trucks and Taps (does food trucks and beer) within 5 minutes.  If you're into that sort of thing :)

Yep, we've talked about that one! :lol:

I forgot about T&T. I could hit it with a wrist rocket from my house practically. Good fish & chippies but a tad pricey.

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Radub said:

I am looking forward to it. Is there going to be a LSP gathering?

Radu

Not sure if there is going to be a gathering or not. Are you going to be a vendor? 
Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Well,  I have had a rare good turn of luck and I will be going as a last minute tag-a-long with one of my buddies that's going due to his previous carpool ride bailing at the last minute.  The only down side is the 13+ hour drive we have to do in one shot- although it shouldn't be too bad splitting the drive between us.

Now I am scrambling to get one last new project done for the show. :frantic:

Edited by The Dude