2022 IPMS Nationals

phantom

1 hour ago, LSP_K2 said:

Looks like I'll need to book a room elsewhere then; or sleep in the car.

Looks like as Jennings pointed out, you should be able to reserve a room at the Courtyard Marriott. IIRC, I think you can make the reservation without any money down, and can pay when you check in. The way things are going though, I wouldn't wait too long!

50 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Embassy suites is sold out.  Plenty of rooms (as of about 5 minutes ago) at the other venue hotel, the Courtyard Marriott, but I wouldn't snooze very long.  

• 5 months later...

Nope, not this year.  After the Vegas experience, if I can’t drive there, I’m not going.  There’s too much stuff I’d want to take home ever to pay for shipping or an additional checked bag.  And forget about bringing an entry…No way I’m going to hold a box on an airplane ride for 3+ hours and drag it through connecting airports when I have other stuff I need to drag along too.

Im out at least until 2024…. They should announce who’s hosting at this years show.  We’ll see then.

16 hours ago, phantom said:

With 3 1/2 months to go I was wondering who is still going? Looks to be a pretty good convention.

Mike

It's looking more and more like I won't make it.

• 1 month later...

I was planning to rent a car and road trip out there (3200 mile round trip) with my wife as part of a 25th anniversary "see the country" outing, but with fuel prices the way they are, that has become unaffordable. Trains have too. Even airfares are awful, and I'm with Juggernut - I am not carting 2 or 3 models on a plane anyway, and I really wanted to bring some. Sooo, I guess we're out for this year, again. Gonna have to go somewhere closer to celebrate. Sure am gonna miss seeing you guys! Maybe things will mellow out by next year, and going to TX will be more affordable. Should have gone to Vegas last year after all. 20/20 hindsight, right?

6 minutes ago, BiggTim said:

I was planning to rent a car and road trip out there (3200 mile round trip) with my wife as part of a 25th anniversary "see the country" outing, but with fuel prices the way they are, that has become unaffordable. Trains have too. Even airfares are awful, and I'm with Juggernut - I am not carting 2 or 3 models on a plane anyway, and I really wanted to bring some. Sooo, I guess we're out for this year, again. Gonna have to go somewhere closer to celebrate. Sure am gonna miss seeing you guys! Maybe things will mellow out by next year, and going to TX will be more affordable. Should have gone to Vegas last year after all. 20/20 hindsight, right?

Bummer bud, but completely understandable. Im struggling to find motivation to continue my Tigercat for the event as well. 

4 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Bummer bud, but completely understandable. Im struggling to find motivation to continue my Tigercat for the event as well. 

That's the other part of the issue - I haven't touched a model in 2 years, and I don't see that changing anytime soon, so my motivation to spend a crapload of time and money to go to a model convention is pretty slim, and my wife couldn't care less about that part of it. I find that the only reason I want to go at all is to hang out with y'all!

Well, I've registered. I'm only going to look at models and visit the vendor area. We'll also see a Storm Chaser's game (minor league baseball) while we're in town. My wife loves baseball. She may find a local knitting shop too.