RFS 3D cockpit for the Revell 1/32 AH-64

Dave Williams

The only noticeable dimension still forgotten by aftermarket companies are the exhausts. The nose was covered by Cobra Company but the sets are close to impossible to get from Lone Star...<_< Hopefully one Eastern company who covered such areas in 1/48 expressed interest to upscale their sets. But when...?

What I would most want is a resin 3D printed wire strike protection cage for the M230 cannon.  Flightpath has it as a number of flat PE pieces that aren’t going to look right since it’s made of metal tubes.  That would be about the final part I need to start mine.  I’ve already got:

Flightpath set
Verlinden set

Cobra Company set

Flying Leathernecks ALQ-144

Brengun Hellfire missiles

Master main gun and antennas

Armory and ResKit wheels

RFS instrument panel (ordered)

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

I’ve already got:

Flightpath set
Verlinden set

Cobra Company set

Flying Leathernecks ALQ-144

Brengun Hellfire missiles

Master main gun and antennas

Armory and ResKit wheels

RFS instrument panel (ordered)

Nice!  

Now as soon as you acquire the RFS set, you can have someone 3D print a canon strike cage, because as soon as you do that, well get a new tool kit in 32nd.

We thank you for your service ahead of time

59 minutes ago, thierry laurent said:

A modeller I know made the cage out of plastic rods. He simply used the Flighpath parts as a template.

Way back in the day I did that as well, sans template. The gun with cage may well still be floating round in the parts piles somewhere. Not difficult to do. I would actually prefer it to 3d printed, as I find most 3d parts to be a pain to get cleaned up, brittle, and for some reason, some that I have had sitting for a while are turning frosted (printed in clear resin). I have a 1/16 SA-7 missile launcher that I had printed on Shapeways that has been laying in the box for a while. One half of it is still  the milky resin color as printed, the other half, with a clear demarcation line running down the middle, is white and now feels a little more textured (fuzzy). I find it very odd. Its been sitting in a box for about a year or so.

Nice addition but I am bit surprised we don't see more items for this great subject. Especially with all these 3D items showing up everywhere.

I remember back as a young kid visited a model shop for the first time and they had a 1/32 AH-64A and F-14A revell kits behind glass cabinet and I fell in love right there with this hobby. The AH-64 was pure sinister and I bought one. My first ever kit purchased. 

Here's hoping, these 3D resin producers will look closely into this mean OD green machine. Bring on the love. :D