If you’re looking for a RF-4 round nose conversion for the Tamiya kit….

Dave Williams

If no resin windows, at least print the outlines on the acetate sheet — and provide an RF-4C/E NLG door and include the flare compartments offered as an extra for the Revellophreak kit.

Having said that, thanks for the heads-up Dave. Genuinely lovely to see this and if Sprue Bros sell to the land-of-UK I'll have to decide if I want it enough to pay $170 with postage and UK taxes before they disappear. A JASDF RF-4E in sea wave blues beckons.

As far as rounded nose recce rhinos go, I think this is as good as it's ever going to get in 1/32 scale. Congrats Phantom Phreaks. Hope it sells well for you but please consider a UK distributor like Hannants. I know they're in a business arrangement with Sprue Bros., but the shipping from the 'States and import duty here is a passion killer.

Tony 

11 minutes ago, Tony T said:

If no resin windows, at least print the outlines on the acetate sheet — and provide an RF-4C/E NLG door and include the flare compartments offered as an extra for the Revellophreak kit.

Having said that, thanks for the heads-up Dave. Genuinely lovely to see this and if Sprue Bros sell to the land-of-UK I'll have to decide if I want it enough to pay $170 with postage and UK taxes before they disappear. A JASDF RF-4E in sea wave blues beckons.

As far as rounded nose recce rhinos go, I think this is as good as it's ever going to get in 1/32 scale. Congrats Phantom Phreaks. Hope it sells well for you but please consider a UK distributor like Hannants. I know they're in a business arrangement with Sprue Bros., but the shipping from the 'States and import duty here is a passion killer.

Tony 

When I checked last week Sprue still had the message up that they weren’t shipping here. 

2 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

When I checked last week Sprue still had the message up that they weren’t shipping here. 

Hence my plea for a UK distributor, as asking my American son to deal on my behalf doesn't bypass UK Customs which will still levy their pound of flesh.

Tony 

14 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Hence my plea for a UK distributor, as asking my American son to deal on my behalf doesn't bypass UK Customs which will still levy their pound of flesh.

Tony 

I have stuff sent to a friend in Chicago. It’s then sent on to me declared as a gift that’s how I bypass the powers that be. But yes, it is annoying not being able to deal direct as they are the only source for some product lines. 

11 hours ago, John1 said:

Looks good but I’m a bit put off by having to cut your own camera windows out of a sheet of clear plastic.  For $90, I think they should have kicked in some clear resin inserts.  

I tell you what would even look better is using real glass from microscope slide covers.  When I built my 1/72 Space Shuttle with the resin correction kit it came with glass slide covers and you use a scribing tool to cut the glass to shape.  Results are amazing over any clear resin or clear plastic.

5 hours ago, Tony T said:

Tony 

PM sent. 

3 hours ago, thierry laurent said:

Jeez, 89 usd for a nose...Come on... For such a price I would still look after a Revell recce Phantom!

For 89 dollars, I’d expect a complete set, and better quality too.  The air bubble holes shouldn’t be there for something that costs that much.  Think the 15 year old Black Box flat nose conversion had better casting quality, and was less than half the price IIRC.

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/reviews/review.php?rid=31

Yes, like the real thing the tutti frutti RF-4 is working out way more expensive than the vanilla fighter types.

Bubbles or not, and let's hope none on production items offered at the cost of an Italeri Starfighter or 3 bottles of single malt, the Phreaks' nose job takes things a step further than the BB/Avionix effort, albeit the latter was about £25 here. I suspect the cost is possibly inflated by getting the items shipped from Turkey, so why not offer direct in Europe? 

Tony

Edited by Tony T

Hm. A beautiful piece of casting based on the photos, but, with the limited parts count, lack of windows included, and most of all, the price- I am going to give this set a hard pass. The fact it costs the same as the base kit itself is interesting. But good luck to them. Looking forward to seeing what some of the wizards here do with it.

Thor    :ph34r: