1/32 SPECIAL HOBBY HAWKER TEMPEST Mk.V (JN766 SA-N)

Tolga ULGUR

1 hour ago, mc65 said:

Wonderful build and awesome paint job!

I love this aircraft, and have the same kit on the stash waiting ,with all the gorgeous aftermarket I found on it.

Did tou find the barracuda nose-kit's fuselage joint satisfactory?

Also, forgive me for saying that, it seems to me that the model seats a little bit too high on the undercarriage, maybe it's just the photos prospective?

Thanks

- Yes Barracudacast set is excellent and fixe kit's shape problems. Minor works need in the joint area to the fuselage

- I had the same feeling when I finished the model.  I checked the angle of the legs, they seemed right to me. Didn t they ?

This may be due to the larger wheels used on the early Tempests. Or it's due to perspective of the photos. I'm not quite sure either.

IMO the issue is not in the length of the u.c. legs or the wider wheels.
It’s in the RAKE of the main u.c. which is much more pronounced on the real plane as you can see on this composite photo. (Sorry for the wobbly red lines but, hey we’re not on that other forum :rolleyes:)

AE19-F7-A6-CC40-4255-9-A08-32-A22-AB3-C2

Anyhow yours is an excellent rendition of a Tempest V series 1. Congratulations!

Cheers,

Quang

50 minutes ago, quang said:

IMO the issue is not in the length of the u.c. legs or the wider wheels.
It’s in the RAKE of the main u.c. which is much more pronounced on the real plane as you can see on this composite photo. (Sorry for the wobbly red lines but, hey we’re not on that other forum :rolleyes:)

AE19-F7-A6-CC40-4255-9-A08-32-A22-AB3-C2

Anyhow yours is an excellent rendition of a Tempest V series 1. Congratulations!

Cheers,

Quang

9 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

If you look at the angle of the bottom of the u/c doors to the ground gives a clue that they need to project forward a bit more. 

Sorry it's a really excellent Tempest in all other respects. 

Yes you are right ,it seems that its angle not correct. Well not sure that is it possible to fixe it

Thanks for the clarification

Hi again

In the beginning I thought I can live with this wrong landing gear angle, but later I change my mind I decided to fix it. Great courage.

So I have got a pair of new main landing leg. Thanks god the wheels came off easily from the landing gear struts. And here is the result. I think it looks much better than before

Happy modelling

CR2.jpg

CR1.jpg

CR3.jpg

CR4.jpg

CR5.jpg

CR6.jpg

CR7.jpg

CR8.jpg

On 10/20/2021 at 3:30 PM, Gerhard said:

You made a very good Tempest even better. Well done. Awesome model.

20 hours ago, mc65 said:

Very good, now it stands correctly on the ramp!

I hate to touch again a model I condidered completed, respect!

:clap2:

17 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Excellent and brave fix!  I've had to do similar things in the past, but only when absolutely necessary, and was a bigtime risk. Your gamble has paid off handsomely! 

Well done

Thanks for your comments.

18 hours ago, Citadelgrad said:

Looks amazing, what a brave move.  Can you share what you did to fix it?

Thank you.

First I removed wheel bay doors and then the wheels from the landing gear struts. Luckily wheels came off easily without damage

The landing gear struts slot is not completely closed, it is like a small pool with open sides. T-shaped struts fit here. So it wasn't too hard to remove. But the struts were broken during this work. So I borrowed a pair of landing gear struts from another Tempest box. That s all.