Mig-21 BIS Bulgarian Air Force

ShelbyGT500

Hello guys, at this topic I will show you one of greatest jets, served in our AF.

The project is inspirited by this plane:

KY3MJrE.jpg

For this target I've used trumpeter 1/32 scale Mig-21 MF. To became into a BIS I re-worked the nose-cone, nose itself, the back of the mig and a lot small details that make 21 into Bis.

For interior I used Redfox 3d print for MF and re-work it also, CWS, BigEd from Eduard, Master, Aires, Quickboost, Armory, Begemot and home-made decals.

As always acrylic tamiya for painting. Enamels, oils and acrylic pencils for weathering.

So here she is:

ua2w1qf.jpg

6UMgowR.jpg

isOUSBt.jpg

4huHjBl.jpg

jBAdamo.jpg

3EkLpWu.jpg

AmZuc5S.jpg

S3ZR2CT.jpg

1vX4hBm.jpg

4jte6zm.jpg

XxRusFU.jpg

B22AXrq.jpg

4YlEDyO.jpgr88aanN.jpg

aK18ZBV.jpg

VB2ZeQc.jpg

o3tro3R.jpg

ROW1lCh.jpg

Mreg0nn.jpg

0iYvhdX.jpg

16dbIgC.jpg

sNKHToO.jpg

EWHW8I7.jpg

Hope you will like her :)

Thanks as always for stopping by.

Cheers friends.

Hi

very nice , and original paint scheme , , I like !!!!!!!! 

the differences between the Mig 21 MF , and the Bis , are very subtle , and not obvious , at the first sight , for my part , I  never found any difference :doh:, it would be nice if someone could "deeply " explain these differences :whistle:

Alain

Hi Alain and Thanks for kind words :)

Well there are a lot of differences between MF and BIS, from outside ;)

First is the nose-cone, the Bis one is larger /got larger radar inside/, from there you've got a large nose.

Second is the short nose, well it is not obvious, at 32 scale Bis nose is shorter with 1.87 mm than MF's one.

Third is larger and longer Bis back side, the part after the canopy - the gargrot. Also it is with different shape.

Fourth difference is between windscreens or un-removable part of canopy.

The fifth - bis got a larger numbers of different antennas than MF - the obvious once are - one under the nose and one at the top of the tail. MF does not have them.

Also there are differences between instrumental panel at cockpit, Bis got more gadgets ;)

At first look that is. If you want I will paste here some photos of two jets with pointed differences.

Cheers my friend.