Titanic Modelling - LEGO

Scotsman

Ok so the Borders/WNM Lanc is looking too expensive, well work no more , the solution is at hand 

How much for this monster model well €629.99, $629.99, £569.99, AU$999.99, CA$799.99 so the article where I've shamelessly pirated this from ...(1/200th scale or there abouts)

https://drivetribe.com/p/legos-titanic-is-the-second-biggest-DMbBfuJkT2W2Fta_NJMczA?iid=dxAhp1_fTuWEu7sTRyoofA

I'll leave aside the argument as to whether LEGO is "real modelling", and just marvel at this beast ,

I love the Collector sets. Have several of them. Doing the Space Shuttle at the moment. Got back in to it when they released the Saturn V. Probably won't be getting the Titanic though. Not that interested in the subject matter, whereas the ones I do own like the Star Wars and Batman sets and the Space sets I'm interested in. Runs to about the same cost as some of the Star Wars large sets that I have been very tempted by and am considering one of them as my 40th Birthday present to myself. 

Not all of them are the Collector sets, some are regular sets. There’s a few more of the Star Wars scene ones dotted around the room. The Millenium Falcon is not the crazy £500 version. I am mulling the Star Destroyer though. 

51562468501_5cd4bd1f9f_b.jpg

51563395195_bd51b76577_b.jpg

51561679597_60371892b5_b.jpg

51562714123_eeb5b4951b_b.jpg

51562468491_c2ea3bed55_b.jpg

51563157899_ed4c5bdbac_b.jpg

51563395205_2e0df1c35b_b.jpg

Pretty sure I’ve got a few of the Star Wars Helmet sets coming for Christmas too. And an R2-D2 was on the list. 

Booooring! Yaaawn! I am not interested. Why am I dedicating time and effort on writing about something I am not interested in? Nobody knows! 

Why are they doing the Titanic? The Titanic has been done to death. They should have done something that was never done before, like the Russian battleship Novgorod. If they had made the Novgorod I would have bought three. Let us start a list of other things they should do. Anyway, this is too expensive. How are the kids going to join the hobby when kits are so expensive? And there are too many parts. All that interior detail, who needs it? Structural, you say? You can still see it from the outside, you say? Get rid of it, it just makes this too expensive. Look at what Duplo are doing! Few parts, bish, bash, bosh, that is what we need. And anyway, this is the wrong version. Everyone wants the version with a tail fillet. 

:D

Just joking. This looks fabulous.

Radu