Recommend riveting tool/ techniques

Hi

Thinking of a small amount of riveting for hasegawa 1/32 and a lot of riveting for monogram 1/48 b 24. Never done any riveting before. I’ve heard of Rosie the riveter a few times. Any recommendations?

Much appreciated ! Thanks:D

Thanks Maru for your support. :)

Right now the online store is closed. Some of the RB Productions riveters may still be availabe from Zoukei Mura/Volks where it is sold under the name "Rivet Master", product code ZM-RBP03. Please email them to ask about availability. 

I hope this helps, 

Radu 

Edited by Radub

3 hours ago, Radub said:

Thanks Maru for your support. :)

Right now the online store is closed. Some of the RB Productions riveters may still be availabe from Zoukei Mura/Volks where it is sold under the name "Rivet Master", product code ZM-RBP03. Please email them to ask about availability. 

I hope this helps, 

Radu 

It sure does thanks Radu and everyone else. I’ll give archer a go but I think they have to be indented so so will follow your links to purchase:) 

I use a wheel-type rivet tool of which there are a few modeling-specific products available.  I can vouch for both the RB Rivet-R and Galaxy Tools version.  Both produce very similar results.

IMG-0552.jpg

One thing that I prefer about the Galaxy Tool version is that the big wheel and small wheel produce the exact same spacing.  The RB Rivet-R and Rivet-R Mini produce slightly different spacings.

On 10/14/2021 at 3:22 AM, Thunnus said:

I use a wheel-type rivet tool of which there are a few modeling-specific products available.  I can vouch for both the RB Rivet-R and Galaxy Tools version.  Both produce very similar results.

IMG-0552.jpg

One thing that I prefer about the Galaxy Tool version is that the big wheel and small wheel produce the exact same spacing.  The RB Rivet-R and Rivet-R Mini produce slightly different spacings.

Thanks I’ll look them up

• 1 year later...
On 10/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, Thunnus said:

IMG-0552.jpg

Hi, I'm really interested in the Galaxy Tools.

There are 2 different sets:
-0.55/0.65/0.75
-1.00/1.25/1.50

For 1/32 warbird WW2 type models, what do you advise me to take?
I was thinking of the 1.00/1.25/1.50 set but I'm not sure of my choice.

4 hours ago, Furie said:

Hi, I'm really interested in the Galaxy Tools.

There are 2 different sets:
-0.55/0.65/0.75
-1.00/1.25/1.50

For 1/32 warbird WW2 type models, what do you advise me to take?
I was thinking of the 1.00/1.25/1.50 set but I'm not sure of my choice.

Actually it is impossible to reply to that question as this is plane and area-based. If you intend adding rivets on various planes, I recommend getting both of them even if you will probably use more often the second set (the one you are proposing).