IPMS Orange County, California, OrangeCon 2021- LSP photos, winners in LSP listed second page

Citadelgrad

Although it was called off last year because of ….well, you know why, IPMS OC held their 2021 OrangeCon contest and vendor fair today, in fact, the judging is taking place as a type this.  Since i did not finish my own P47, i didnt enter anything and was free to see everything and just head home.  I am fortunate enough to live less than 5 miles from the venue this year, and the prior venue was even closer.

there was a bustling vendor room, several dealers with kits, from 1960s vintage to new releases.  I went in with kind of a vague interest in looking but nothing really needed.  I walked out with a PCM TA 152C-1, just because it was fairly priced.   I quickly googled it and found reviews saying it is PCM’s best effort, but we will see.  

i then toured the tables, but it was fairly crowded, so i only photographed the LSP section.  I think i photographed every entry.  I will say that the finishes and presentations were breathtaking.   Really nicely done.  i enjoy putting eyes on other peoples work so i can see what works for me, what a dead flat finish presents like, what certain weathering techniques look like, etc. 

here are my phone photos of the entries, again, LSP only, lets start with the jets.

First, my favorite plane but not my favorite variant

267Swr.jpg

Very nicely executed scooter

ppNjn1.jpg

Clean German Phantom.  I knew this scale is big but this and the A10 are really monsters

vZdm04.jpg

speaking of A-10s…

uejN0L.jpg

Props in next post

Edited by Citadelgrad

Not sure of photo upload restrictions, so i broke this up.  There were, as expected, more props in LSP than jets. 
4DY0iN.jpg

LADwG7.jpg

qSAL6m.jpg

GvrjEs.jpg

qypFud.jpg

UL23v1.jpg

This one was pretty impressive, in 1/32 its a beast, and pretty uncharted as far as i know

AT9A7M.jpg

O3BEtl.jpg

yrjieJ.jpg

6A0Uv9.jpg

9fte0f.jpg
FYMLtP.jpg

TD0xqj.jpg

N7Naqn.jpg

auPr0M.jpg

i was going through my photos and i guess i got no photos of anything pre WW2, and no armor.  Apologies to all over that, it was unintentional. 

See, that’s the problem with living in a backwater like I do.  I sit around telling myself that my models are pretty darn good because they are all I ever see and forget that there are places where even the most mediocre builds are far better than my best.  After looking at these photos, I think I may liquidate my stash and use the money for big tires for my pickup.

14 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

See, that’s the problem with living in a backwater like I do.  I sit around telling myself that my models are pretty darn good because they are all I ever see and forget that there are places where even the most mediocre builds are far better than my best.  After looking at these photos, I think I may liquidate my stash and use the money for big tires for my pickup.

If you are happy with your builds then don't compare them to anyone else's. Not everyone is super talented. Enjoyment is one of the main, if not THE main factors out there. If people want to build for adulation then so be it. That's their bag.