Any update on Revells P-51 late release date???

oyoy5

Oh nice.. Been a little - not modelling too much during the COVID BS (too much work).. Thought it was out already when i looked at Scalemates some time back..

Been thinking about doing a cheap OOB Revell before my next Tamiya..

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Panzerwomble said:

"Mainly Military" on Evilbay doing them for £42.99 free postage in UK .

Personally think Hannant's always a bit overpriced . 

Yes, but the packaging is always good. Some others just use plastic mailing bags — aargh!

Instructions for 03838 are not yet up at Revell...

https://downloads.revell.de/?dir=Manuals-Modelkits

But you can enter 03847 to see the F/A-18F paperwork. Pity it still requires prescribed surgery, but I might treat it as a challenge. 

Tony 

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-03838-p-51d-mustang-late-version-1-32-plastic-model-kit/ £36.95 here though its not in stock yet. I can recommend their service. For a box of that size it’s usually a cardboard sleeve tightly bound in a mailing bag. That’s normally ok with something like a Tamiya box but a Revell one, well, I’d buy myself another kit so that they had to put it in a bigger box, makes sense y’know….

+1 for Jadlam in Glastonbury .

Consistently cheaper online : I have" price matched" with them and got a reduction before,and their points system gives further discounts /cash off . 48 hour delivery and well packed , never had a problem and been using them 2 years. 

Top tip is to cruise their "clearance " section I've had some good bargains from there as well.

Dammit , if only I'd bought shares ................:(

2 hours ago, ade rowlands said:

https://www.jadlamracingmodels.com/revell-03838-p-51d-mustang-late-version-1-32-plastic-model-kit/ £36.95 here though its not in stock yet. I can recommend their service. For a box of that size it’s usually a cardboard sleeve tightly bound in a mailing bag. That’s normally ok with something like a Tamiya box but a Revell one, well, I’d buy myself another kit so that they had to put it in a bigger box, makes sense y’know….

1 hour ago, Panzerwomble said:

+1 for Jadlam in Glastonbury .

Consistently cheaper online : I have" price matched" with them and got a reduction before,and their points system gives further discounts /cash off . 48 hour delivery and well packed , never had a problem and been using them 2 years. 

Top tip is to cruise their "clearance " section I've had some good bargains from there as well.

Dammit , if only I'd bought shares ................:(

Have bought from them myself, but they're the ones that put kits in a polythene mailer. My last arrived crushed.  

Not sure I'd risk that with a flimsy Revell side-opening box, but the newer, bigger than necessary boxes used for the Mustangs have that built-in crumple zone.

Tony 

6 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Have bought from them myself, but they're the ones that put kits in a polythene mailer. My last arrived crushed.  

Not sure I'd risk that with a flimsy Revell side-opening box, but the newer, bigger than necessary boxes used for the Mustangs have that built-in crumple zone.

Tony 

For me - LSPs ...........Revell..........Spitfire, Mustang, FW 190 , 1/48 Phantom and the 1/32 Tempest plus numerous other armour and smaller scale kits all have came from Jadlam in the last year without a hitch. I don't even recall how they sent them other than that they turned up ok  

I'm sorry you've had a raw deal with their deliveries , perhaps the posties in Bristol like playing football with parcels , hopefully you've not upset them ? :P  

TBH though , if it's not a present , does it really matter too much if the box is dented or crushed as long as the contents are intact?

I've had some odd packages from China , but can trade off paying £15- 20 less for a decent brand model that comes in a box box that's knackered on arrival . 

Panzerwobble, I put kits from battered boxes into lidded plastic crates (the type used to keep clothes under the bed). That usually reallocates them to the attempted build schedule. I'll also take a crumpled box as long as the clear parts are perfect and the decal sheet hasn't been scratched or embossed by compressed sprues. Unfortunately those hazards remain unpredictable in anything less than sturdy cardboard packaging. But I might chance it with the new Hornet F and consider a Mustang.

Can anyone reveal the markings options? The place-holding photo shows Bud Anderson's Old Crow — is this included? 

Tony 

Well, if it comes with Rockets and zero length launchers, it sure isn't a P-51D-15.  It should've been advertised as simply a P-51D late version and left off the -15-NA.  I guess the marketing department wanted some sexy box art.  Markings are correct for a D-15-NA as "The Millie G" was a D-15-NA but this aircraft did not have zero length rocket rails as those weren't introduced until the first block 20 aircraft.

Edited by Juggernut

Thanks Juggernaut, so...

Option  A is The Millie G 

and B ?  Is there an option B ?

Thanks. Will be good when Revell post the instructions for kit 03838. 

Tony