Jump to content

Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model


LSP_Kevin
 Share

Recommended Posts

I missed the Border Ju-87 from local US stores. Ordered via eBay. Kit was shipped the same way. Outer box flush fit to inner. Canopies had broken loose but did not break. Other parts, wings and fuselage were scratched. 
 

Hope the Lancaster kits Andy’s Hobby’s get in ship in more protective boxing. 
 

Paul
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh dear.... Anyone who would ship such an expensive kit in inadequate outer packaging is just asking for trouble, IMHO. I hope that they buck their ideas up and provide a much better outer-box to protect the kit. 

 

I'm very sorry to hear that folks have had the Lanc arrive with broken parts. I hope this doesn't put them off too much - it looks like an amazing representation of the original. 

 

Cheers.

 

Chris.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Having paid in full at £600.00 and 6 months ago for mine with a UK stockist, this is ominous news indeed and I don't expect to have to play email 'ping-pong' between Border Models (BM) and the supplier if I need to rectify a problem. Personally, I think the company you bought the kit from should sort the matter out directly and the customer not have to go back to BM themselves or have any '3-way' correspondence on the topic.

 

Is there any suggestion BM are aware of this thread so they can hopefully ameliorate the situation (before) they start shipping out kits to wholesalers; unless of course they have already despatched them? Surely it can't be in anyone's interests and including BM's financially, to be posting out extra sprues all over the globe which could have been sent securely and properly in the first instance.

 

This really is a sour bite to end the meal (if) a significant number of these kits are like affected!

 

Gary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

Having paid in full at £600.00 and 6 months ago for mine with a UK stockist, this is ominous news indeed and I don't expect to have to play email 'ping-pong' between Border Models (BM) and the supplier if I need to rectify a problem. Personally, I think the company you bought the kit from should sort the matter out directly and the customer not have to go back to BM themselves or have any '3-way' correspondence on the topic.

 

Is there any suggestion BM are aware of this thread so they can hopefully ameliorate the situation (before) they start shipping out kits to wholesalers; unless of course they have already despatched them? Surely it can't be in anyone's interests and including BM's financially, to be posting out extra sprues all over the globe which could have been sent securely and properly in the first instance.

 

This really is a sour bite to end the meal (if) a significant number of these kits are like affected!

 

Gary

They are already shipped.  I have been told that we can expect to get ours in the U.K. in June.  We will have to see what they are like when they

get delivered.   I am not sure why you had to pay in full, Scale Model Shop, asked only for a £100 deposit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, allthumbs said:

Cracked main canopy on mine also…waiting to hear back from Border and HobbyEasy, both of which were notified.


Both Border and HobbyEasy replied within 24 hours, the latter indicating they would request a replacement part from the manufacturer and then forward it to my address in the US.


The crack carries all the way through the plastic…

ecFMhbE.jpg
 

The clear parts comprise of two medium sized plastic trees, each enclosed in thin foam sleeves. They rest atop the remaining contents. If the box gets turned upside down during the shipping and handling phases - and it almost certainly will - the clear parts must bear the full weight of the kit, which is substantial. 
 

A separate inside box or compartment for these delicate and brittle parts (a la Trumpeter, for example) would have been preferable.

 

Nevertheless, I’m encouraged by the quick reply from the retailer and their promise to make good.

 

Edited by allthumbs
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BarryWilliams said:

They are already shipped.  I have been told that we can expect to get ours in the U.K. in June.  We will have to see what they are like when they

get delivered.   I am not sure why you had to pay in full, Scale Model Shop, asked only for a £100 deposit. 

 

The UK company in question asked for the money in full having extended a 10% reduction by quoting a certain discount code provided by someone who is currently building it on Y.T. ATM. Having looked again at the invoice, I actually paid £546.00 inc. P&P and not the 600.00 I quoted as that was the pre-discount price; my error.

 

I think some companies haven't even asked for a deposit to order one and so, they must be confident they can sell them even if someone gives backword.

 

Given prices are all over the place on this kit, then who knows if ultimately, it will be the 'deal' it seemed at the time...? TBH, I wish I had only paid a token deposit now given the damage reports coming in!

 

Gary

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I would strongly advise anyone who has purchased from a local-ish supplier to check the clear parts before forwarding on, and maybe even sending the clear parts in a separate box, it'll be to their advantage ultimately.

 

My box was upside down in the cardboard box. They could have solved the issue by inserting cardboard interior walls to the lower kit box of the required height.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, allthumbs said:


Both Border and HobbyEasy replied within 24 hours, the latter indicating they would request a replacement part from the manufacturer and then forward it to my address in the US.


The crack carries all the way through the plastic…

ecFMhbE.jpg
 

The clear parts are contained on two medium sized plastic trees, each enclosed in thin foam sleeves. They rest atop the remaining contents. If the box gets turned upside down during the shipping and handling phase - and it almost certainly will - the clear parts must bear the full weight of the kit, which is substantial. 
 

A separate inside box or compartment for these delicate and brittle parts (a la Trumpeter, for example) would have been preferable.

 

Nevertheless, I’m encouraged by the quick reply from the retailer and their promise to make good.

 

This is bad news indeed and something I feared. I've had 3 WnW kits with damaged sprues and always quickly rectified (2 direct with WnW and 1 with Hannants) however this is something else indeed. 

 

I have one of these on order and always been concerned that if broken parts where found faulty would we ever be able to get new parts assuming Border have any or enough to cover this issue.

 

Regards. Andy 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Of all the times there could be an actual global crisis in the supply of strong cardboard shipping boxes, it had to be now. Unbelievable.

 

The shortage is literally so bad that it’s going to impact all sectors. There’s been some good reporting on it. Sadly, we can all expect higher prices for anything shipped in rare strong corrugated cardboard, and a lot of broken stuff. I’m sorry for everyone with a busted Lanc. Good luck.

 

Adam

Edited by adameliclem
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...