Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

While my clear parts arrived unscathed, they definitely aren’t up to the standard of the rest of the parts (on the sprue, no idea on fit as yet) so I’d be in the market for some nice new clear parts, after a few fermented beverages I’ve even considered trying to vac form some new ones but once sobriety returned I realised that I have neither the talent nor skill to do any better than what was in the box.

On 7/8/2022 at 3:10 PM, Paul2660 said:

Can you elaborate on this?  Did MBK make additional clear sprues? Or did they get them from border. 

thanks 

Paul

Paul, those are from Border, as far as I know. I told MBK about the discussion on scratched or broken clear parts here on LSP and elsewhere, so possibly they got some replacements from Border. But this is just me guessing.

As far as I heard Border has, or will not do, better clear parts. So, I just had some luck and enjoyed great customer service getting much better parts from MBK, where I bought my kit from.

• 5 months later...

Received this kit as an Xmas gift from my son (via my wife of course). Wasn’t expecting it and I’m surprised she knew well enough to buy it.

I don’t have a damaged canopy. And I did examine the sprues, I think I will buy a Tupperware container to hold them. I don’t like the box. I did repack the same way Border had boxed it.

One thing I noticed, is my inner canopy framing is not molded well. It is a little deformed towards the back end. Has anyone else experienced this?

Mine had the rear part of the canopy, the section that goes around the rear astrodome badly deformed, like it was still soft when removed from the mold and sagged before solidifying.  It’s completely unusable.  I contacted Lucky Model months ago and they said they would send a replacement, but nothing so far.  I’ll probably just end up binning the kit.

On 12/26/2022 at 5:48 PM, Kagemusha said:

Not sure if this has been posted in the thread, but there's a crew set available, here, and Quinta have a cockpit set on the way.

That crew set isn’t very good Andy, so many things wrong about it, it’s just not the way that RAF crews were dressed when flying. This is more like it, a figure being developed by Robert Lane of Elan miniatures:

HfTeXq.jpg

i also seem to remember Bob at MDC saying he had some Lancaster crew figures on the way? 

Edited by mozart

4 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Mine had the rear part of the canopy, the section that goes around the rear astrodome badly deformed, like it was still soft when removed from the mold and sagged before solidifying.  It’s completely unusable.  I contacted Lucky Model months ago and they said they would send a replacement, but nothing so far.  I’ll probably just end up binning the kit.

:blink: Jeepers Dave, that seems drastic.

Hard to know if you're joking but I'm guessing you are, right?:hmmm:

32 minutes ago, mozart said:

That crew set isn’t very good Andy, so many things wrong about it, it’s just not the way that RAF crews were dressed when flying. This is more like it, a figure being developed by Robert Lane of Elan miniatures:

HfTeXq.jpg

i also seem to remember Bob at MDC saying he had some Lancaster crew figures on the way? 

You're right Max, I noticed the footwear was more Space 1999, than Bomber Command 1944, but thought I'd put it out there, as it's pretty cheap, and if you want to crew a nose kit...

The MDC/Wings Cockpit Figures will be the best, hate to be critical, but the elan figures tend to be a bit off proportionally, note the size of the head to the body, and the distance between the jawline and the shoulders, could, be improved with a spare head, a Hornet one might be too small, and removing a large proportion of the neck.

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

I got a replacement clear parts set from Lucky, took about a month from receiving a reply from my initial email, to getting notification it was in the post, I'm sure they're working on it, but if I was you I'd send another email in the new year.

14 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

That is likely a better description of what I had, it looked like it was removed from the mold too soon and it sagged into a blob. Although it was also cracked. It was definitely not square and was deformed. The new part is solid and nice and square.

It is so unfortunate Wing Nut Wings didn’t complete this kit. Border rushed it out.

Had Wing Nut Wings finished it, they’d have properly packaged it, provided great instructions, polished the clear molds, and shipped them with far better QC.

In regards to the instructions, Andy has an hour long video with all the required corrections and missed steps added. Also missing from the instructions are information on the optional parts for the variations between Mk I and Mk III.

9 hours ago, Kagemusha said:

I got a replacement clear parts set from Lucky, took about a month from receiving a reply from my initial email, to getting notification it was in the post, I'm sure they're working on it, but if I was you I'd send another email in the new year.

He is referring to badly deformed/molded internal canopy framing, not the clear parts all the focus is on. I mentioned my issue a few posts up, I think everyone should take a look at their other sprues. I inspected all of mine.

10 minutes ago, ScoobyDoo said:

He is referring to badly deformed/molded internal canopy framing, not the clear parts all the focus is on. I mentioned my issue a few posts up, I think everyone should take a look at their other sprues. I inspected all of mine.

I was just illustrating I did receive required Lancaster spares from Lucky, you're very right that everyone should thoroughly inspect all the sprues.