Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

4 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Glad to hear you are getting replacements - I hope mine will arrive safely :wacko: - when the shipping containers finally arrive in Europe..

Apart from the broken parts, how is the quality of the clear parts in the production models? Its always really hard to judge from pictures. 

Thanks

Niels

It's really good, aside from the fault lines, they're very clear, evidently brittle, with the rounded parts, if you look through at something in the distance, you can see the distortion, but if you place a finger behind, it's crystal clear.

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

It's really good, aside from the fault lines, they're very clear, evidently brittle, with the rounded parts, if you look through at something in the distance, you can see the distortion, but if you place a finger behind, it's crystal clear.

Well it is great news that it looks as if they are addressing the broken canopy part issues, well they basically are committed into doing so. 
Andy from what you are saying about distortion I agree that is absolutely fine, clear is very tricky, and as long as they look good in place on the model with no major swirls, raised lines, or haze then that is acceptable.

the model is simply fantastic. I think  we are not going to see something similar in near future. details are of unbelievable quality. design team has done enormous job. this model is mast have for every largescale  modeler. it is true art. only weak point are clear parts. not bed but not perfect too but real plane I am sure had so many scraps and damages so the model anyway will look fantastic especially with heavy weathered look.

3 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Do we know of anyone out there planning to release a canopy masking set for this kit? 

/Niels

I am sure all the mask making companies will do some soon, Eduard I am sure will do some, but every day I look I seem to see a new mask manufacturer, so I cannot see that being a problem

2 hours ago, Zola25 said:

Do we know of anyone out there planning to release a canopy masking set for this kit? 

/Niels

Doubtful with only a 1500 kit run but it is possible to make your own masks with something like Tamiya masking tape, a very sharp pencil and some careful cutting which we will probably end up doing assuming we have canopies worthy of spending the time masking up.

Regards. Andy 

On 5/20/2022 at 8:06 PM, Zola25 said:

/Niels

As soon as I get the actual model in my hands, I'm getting my masks custom cut by Omask. His masks are in whole different ball park when compared to let's say Eduard. Once it's done I believe he'll offer them for sale on his website - www.omask.cz 

On 5/21/2022 at 12:14 AM, monthebiff said:

Doubtful with only a 1500 kit run but it is possible to make your own masks with something like Tamiya masking tape, a very sharp pencil and some careful cutting which we will probably end up doing assuming we have canopies worthy of spending the time masking up.

Regards. Andy 

Sure, its possible to make my own masks - I just don´t want to ;) hence my question..

DN Models made a complete masking set for the JetMads Viggen which was limited to only 500 copies so I don´t think that is going to be a deciding factor. Its just going to be more expensive  - like the rest of the kit

/Niels

On 5/26/2022 at 10:31 AM, Phill P said:

Well it arrived and what a magnificent kit it is. Thankfully no issues with the clear parts.

Did you source yours locally Phill? ... If so, from where?

I'm waiting for a couple of local suppliers to get them in - so I can have the box contents checked before delivery.

Rog :)

2 hours ago, Artful69 said:

Did you source yours locally Phill? ... If so, from where?

I'm waiting for a couple of local suppliers to get them in - so I can have the box contents checked before delivery.

Rog :)

Purchased mine through the Border Models Aliexpress store. Shipped on the 16 May and arrived on the 26th. $948.00aus delivered

On 5/22/2022 at 3:54 PM, AlanG said:

All these planned AM bits for an already massively expensive kit just makes me laugh. Thought this kit was supposed to be perfection itself. 

I have to agree that some aftermarket is a total waste of time.  But no kit is perfect.

For my Border Models Lanc the most I will consider will be masks for markings as on this kit decals would be an abomination. 

Brass gun barrels as, apparently there are no cooling jackets on those with the kit.  Plastic barrels being too vulnerable.  

Possibly a metal undercarriage for strength.

Finally a 3D decal set simply because I really appreciate them. 

I am not fixed on any of those, apart from the masks and will decide when I see my kit.  

Edited by BarryWilliams