Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

12 hours ago, Grizly said:

Regarding the still advertised 7 - 21 business day air mail service offered by Lucky Model, I placed a purchase with air mail delivery mid March and while it apparently was shipped the following day, the tracking number with Jersey Post still shows "Awaiting item from sender". Indeed, as far as I can tell, it is still in Hong Kong and two messages to Lucky Model have made me none the wiser.

My Lanc had the "Sender is preparing item for posting" status from May 5th until today, where it's actually been posted, processed, and "Process completed for departure" from HK, I've been using HK Post tracking.

11 hours ago, somebody said:

what are the chances of border model doing another epic 1/32 or lager bomber kit? maybe b-29?

I would imagine if they get a good return out of this Lancaster hey may be interested but remember what they are putting out here is a kit where a lot of the hard yards had already been done.  I would guess the answer would be 'highly unlikely'. I am willing to be wrong though.

Looking at the online build of the BM Lancaster, It's obvious that the expertise and attention to detail exemplified by Wingnut Wings 

has been a major design influence. A B-29 may be a possibility, but it'll be of a half-baked (in comparison) standard like the other big Lanc, B-24 and B-17.

For improved standards and innovation, it looks like Kotare are the company to watch. Now if Revell were to rebox/market those kits as they appear ....

21 hours ago, europapete said:

Alan, call Appanaug Hobbies in Warwick Rhode Island. I remember seeing a Ju88 kit on the shelf last week. 401-737-5506 Eastern Time. 

Thanks for the thought. Would cost an absolute fortune to get it shipped to the UK. Plus i do have two Ju88 A4 kits already but they are put aside for two AIMS conversions (C6 Dayfighter and G6 Nightfighter).

I'm really after a He111 H6 but they go for totally stupendous amounts of money. Way out of my price range.

Alan.

Last time I was in  before Christmas, MARCWAY MODELS in Sheffield had a Revell 1/32 JU88 kit on their shelf (been there ages from past visits) and it was the boxing with the 'striped' Mediterranean camo. No idea if it is still there but got to be worth a phone call if you want one....? I also seem to recall it was RRP and no silly 'collector' mark-up too.

Don't bother looking on their website to see if it is still there as it is utterly hopeless and they display no prices on anything anyway.

Gary

Received my copy a couple of hours ago, sadly the flimsy inner box isn't as deep as the flimsy outer, so the prevention against parts being damaged is severely lacking, the main canopy is smashed, as are a couple of other parts on that sprue, and quite a number on that and the other clear sprue have what look like faint stress fractures, have emailed Border for replacements. It's a great shame that such a kit has appalling packaging.

11 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

Received my copy a couple of hours ago, sadly the flimsy inner box isn't as deep as the flimsy outer, so the prevention against parts being damaged is severely lacking, the main canopy is smashed, as are a couple of other parts on that sprue, and quite a number on that and the other clear sprue have what look like faint stress fractures, have emailed Border for replacements. It's a great shame that such a kit has appalling packaging.

The fact they can't even get the box and packaging right despite the premium price does not bode well at all. Was it too much to pack their customers kits with as much care as they seemingly have their 'reviewers' who got them for free and have started the reviews....? Thanks for the heads-up on this and I will go through mine with a fine tooth comb when it arrives.

Gary

16 minutes ago, Gary Needham said:

The fact they can't even get the box and packaging right despite the premium price does not bode well at all. Was it too much to pack their customers kits with as much care as they seemingly have their 'reviewers' who got them for free and have started the reviews....? Thanks for the heads-up on this and I will go through mine with a fine tooth comb when it arrives.

Gary

It was pretty much the same box which Nige received, not sure about the postal cardboard outer, which was specific for the kit, but not a snug fit, there was a bit of give, so if it takes a hit... and the clear parts are at the top, I hate to be a doom-monger, but I think the majority who have bought the kit will have the same experience.

5 minutes ago, Kagemusha said:

……….. not sure about the postal cardboard outer, which was specific for the kit, …….

Sorry to hear that Gary; I hope that Border rectify things for you satisfactorily.  Was that postal outer box a retailer’s box or Border’s box?

I wonder if the ones shipped by slow boat will fare even worse?

48 minutes ago, Tissue and Dope said:

I hope that Border rectify things for you satisfactorily.  Was that postal outer box a retailer’s box or Border’s box?

The outer box was also from Border, and a correction, the lid part of the box isn't deep enough either. I originally had surface post, but after watching Nige's reviewand seeing the box, I switched to air...

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

It was pretty much the same box which Nige received, not sure about the postal cardboard outer, which was specific for the kit, but not a snug fit, there was a bit of give, so if it takes a hit... and the clear parts are at the top, I hate to be a doom-monger, but I think the majority who have bought the kit will have the same experience.

I have the same issue with the main canopy and I am hoping to get a replacement. I agree with your assessment on the packaging.

1 hour ago, Tissue and Dope said:

Sorry to hear that Gary; I hope that Border rectify things for you satisfactorily.  Was that postal outer box a retailer’s box or Border’s box?

It appears that mine was shipped directly from Border, even though ordered from an internet hobby shop.