Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

1 hour ago, Thunderbolt said:

What about Andy’s HHQ?

What about them?  It’s not in stock yet.  They are taking preorders for a $50 deposit against a total price of $600.  I’m betting that they will get their shipment via ship, not air, and who knows when it will arrive.

21 hours ago, BloorwestSiR said:

Well, if you're in Canada and paid for air mail Lucky Model is not shipping even though their website says that airmail is available again. 

Plus they're asking for you to pay again for shipping if you take surface or express shipping instead. Doesn't make sense and I'm a bit annoyed. 

Carl

I selected ground and was refunded the difference. 

Did anyone who pre-ordered from Andy's Hobby Headquarters receive an email today asking for the balance of their order to be paid?

I placed a $50 deposit and the remainder due is $549.99 and $33.00 tax.

I have until May 31st to pay it. Apparently they expect the kits to arrive the first week of June.

-Scott

scott_t asked: "Did anyone who pre-ordered from Andy's Hobby Headquarters receive an email today asking for the balance of their order to be paid?

I placed a $50 deposit and the remainder due is $549.99 and $33.00 tax."

Hi, Scott. I received the same email and finished my payment. The cost included free shipping. Looking forward to this one!

Rich

6 hours ago, berneckir said:

scott_t asked: "Did anyone who pre-ordered from Andy's Hobby Headquarters receive an email today asking for the balance of their order to be paid?

I placed a $50 deposit and the remainder due is $549.99 and $33.00 tax."

Hi, Scott. I received the same email and finished my payment. The cost included free shipping. Looking forward to this one!

Rich

Thanks Rich ......I'm always a little cautious when I receive an email with a link !!!! Must be all of that security training I ran through last week .......

-Scott

On 5/8/2022 at 10:05 AM, DonH said:

"tis but a blink of an eye compared to the years we have been waiting...

Well, if you put it like that, yes. I had to wait 4 months for a package from Hannants via Royal Mail, so I guess your 100% correct DonH.

Regarding the still advertised 7 - 21 business day air mail service offered by Lucky Model, I placed a purchase with air mail delivery mid March and while it apparently was shipped the following day, the tracking number with Jersey Post still shows "Awaiting item from sender". Indeed, as far as I can tell, it is still in Hong Kong and two messages to Lucky Model have made me none the wiser.

1 hour ago, somebody said:

what are the chances of border model doing another epic 1/32 or lager bomber kit? maybe b-29?

I would say about zero.  The only reason they got this kit was that they bought the almost completed WNW mold from another company, probably at a very cheap price.  Pretty much all of the design and development, plus most of the mold, was already done, so they didn’t have to pay the real cost of those items.