Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

I've little doubt that this will be a stellar model but sadly I shall have to pass. 

I love the idea of a large scale Lanc with sublime and realistic surface texture but I have no where to display a model of this size and £620 is a chunk of change that can be hard to justify. 

Can't wait to begin watching others build theirs though. ^_^

8 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

WOW ! for that price I can go to India twice return journey !!

or a days worth of a small house gas supply :D   Money priorities will be quickly changing for a number of people which I have no doubt will impact on some of these higher priced kits.

9 hours ago, MARU5137 said:

Border Models 1/32 Avro Lancaster B. Mark I / III (Ex Wingnut Wings) # 010
https://www.emodels.co.uk/border-models-1-32-avro-lancaster-b-mark-i-iii-ex-wingnut-wings-010.html

£620.00.  they say they are "Still on  it".

WOW ! for that price I can go to India twice return journey !!

:frantic:   :wicked:

That's the problem with these monster kits.  People beg and beg, post and post, and failing to realize that such a monster requires a lot of effort to create, so it ends up being damn expensive.  Then they don't buy it.  It's no wonder that so many companies don't make LSP's any more.

1 hour ago, Gazzas said:

That's the problem with these monster kits.  People beg and beg, post and post, and failing to realize that such a monster requires a lot of effort to create, so it ends up being damn expensive.  Then they don't buy it.  It's no wonder that so many companies don't make LSP's any more.

Yeah, exactly my point :clap2:

£620??? That's about $850  :o

I had really wanted this kit since day one.

I have generally the habit of buying two copies of a 1/32 kit, one for building and the second for collecting and maybe building in future. Two copies is already out of question here but there's no way I'll go with one either at this price level. I can appreciate and fully understand the investment and costs behind creating such a monster kit but this is beyond boundaries of both logic and modelling sense for me.

8 hours ago, IvanVasili said:

£620??? That's about $850  :o

I had really wanted this kit since day one.

I have generally the habit of buying two copies of a 1/32 kit, one for building and the second for collecting and maybe building in future. Two copies is already out of question here but there's no way I'll go with one either at this price level. I can appreciate and fully understand the investment and costs behind creating such a monster kit but this is beyond boundaries of both logic and modelling sense for me.

The perfect epitaph for this model's creator.

An Australian retailer lists this kit on pre order at $A1100.

If they do a cockpit section as was planned by Wingnuts and copied by HK I might be interested but $A1100 is beyond hobby level pricing for me.

Those who can afford and buy the Lancaster will have a real gem to make but I suspect it will become a buy/ sell item rather than a builder.

Dave Wilson

Gold Coast

Australia

31 minutes ago, Dave Wilson said:

I suspect it will become a buy/ sell item rather than a builder.

Dave Wilson

Gold Coast

Australia

That's a distinct possibility.

Anyone who knows muscle cars in Australia would have winged about the price of a GT Falcon or A9XTorana 20yrs ago. But now the ROI on a sale would be pretty insane. Some sell routinely for high six figure sums.

At $1100 it might end up being worth it, especially if the model made from these moulds never sees the light of day from any other manufacturer.

Matty

That's big money. I wonder how many kits will be sold. It had heard that WNW produced 5.000 kits per each release and still could not make it. I really doubt if this Lanc comes anywhere near five thousand. 

There will be buyers of course but I will wait until the price falls to an acceptable level, if it ever does.