Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

15 hours ago, Zola25 said:

But it is a bit worrying that some of the very productive manufacturers like Trumpeter are also not releasing much in 1/32 anymore.. Good thing I still have a big stash to dig into ;)

I suspect that the market for 1/32 kits might have shrunk in recent years. Why this might be, I have no idea.

I was told by an old-hand at the London Hannants shop that they are not selling many 1/32nd aircraft these days. This is a worrying trend from my point of view, as I very rarely buy anything smaller than '32nd.

Happy New Year, folks. 

Chris.  

2 hours ago, Confusionreigns178 said:

I suspect that the market for 1/32 kits might have shrunk in recent years. Why this might be, I have no idea.

I was told by an old-hand at the London Hannants shop that they are not selling many 1/32nd aircraft these days. This is a worrying trend from my point of view, as I very rarely buy anything smaller than '32nd.

Happy New Year, folks. 

Chris.  

It seems to me that it could be their price point that's affecting their LSP sales rather than the scale itself. When I look at some of the online discounter prices and some of the others, the price variations are very noticeable indeed. The difference is as much as 10 - 20 percent and on big ticket items that's a lot of money off and then if you include free delivery with that too it's not surprising that retailers who want the full RSP would suffer some loss of sales. 

If the scale wasn't selling then surely the manufacturers wouldn't produce the quantity of products that it does.

Every picture tells a story as the saying goes, I suggest that our scale is in very rude health indeed considering it's smaller niche within the overall market place. :rolleyes:

Happy New Year to all of my LSP comrades and keep on buying those new kits. :D

5 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Hasegawa’s 190D was released with the larger TA152 tail in at least one Hasegawa boxing.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10316473

The Revell rebox of the kit also included both tails.

https://www.scalemates.com/products/img/1/9/7/103197-72-instructions.pdf

Hasegawa released their Raiden kit twice as the early J2M2, which had nose guns.

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10519757

https://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10183015

I stand corrected.  Well, despite being wrong, at least it makes sense now. 

15 minutes ago, is it windy yet? said:

Is it available in Canada yet?

Not yet. I asked at a couple  hobby shops what they thought the price was going to be. One said they expected it to be around $1100 CAD. The other initially said $300 but when they double checked, came back with the same $1100-1200 estimate. 

Carl

Hi all,

I am in regular contact with Border Model about this kit,(and have actually just received a pre production copy of the Stuka). They are having a few technical issues at the moment which has slightly delayed the kits launch. As far as I can tell, they want it to be perfect?

1 hour ago, Nigels modelling bench said:

Hi all,

I am in regular contact with Border Model about this kit,(and have actually just received a pre production copy of the Stuka). They are having a few technical issues at the moment which has slightly delayed the kits launch. As far as I can tell, they want it to be perfect?

So are we talking about technical issues with the Ju-87 or the Lanc? Confused with your wording that's all.

Regards. Andy 

1 minute ago, monthebiff said:

So are we talking about technical issues with the Ju-87 or the Lanc? Confused with your wording that's all.

Regards. Andy 

Sorry Andy. The Stuka is pretty much done. I was saying I have a pre production kit that has been reviewed on You Tube. The Lancaster has hit some small technical issues, probably sink marks or fogged clear parts, something along those lines?

Nige