Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

3 hours ago, alanash1963 said:

can eny one beat price of £557.99 at hannants 

MBK at €599 which is ~£520

i am in dialogue with them re the VAT and whether DHL (their courier) will end up charging import VAT on top of this (as it’s >£135)

happy to pay VAT, but don’t want to end up paying two lots of it!

3 hours ago, Dave Williams said:

Well, there is LuckyModel for $600 (£449), less 15% off with coupon code, and $20 surface shipping.  That’s $530 shipped.

I looked on their website and couldn’t see any code so maybe it’s no longer available?

43 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

I looked on their website and couldn’t see any code so maybe it’s no longer available?

If you click on the top link under What’s New near the top of page, it takes you to the current newsletter that has the coupon codes.  Also, I wouldn’t worry that much about missing out on the coupons.  They usually bring them back every month.

7 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Literally almost anyone.  On almost anything Hannants carries.

Right.  Which is why I was able to buy an ICM Gladiator for $39, Yahu IPs for $12, and so on.  Even after factoring in shipping, I paid Hannants about 20% less than I would had I bought the same items in the US.

MBK have just messaged me saying they will not be charging VAT on orders from UK

I tried a sample check out and it did indeed show Eur503 - ie the price was ex-their VAT.

But as it stands, I think that after you get bent over on the FX rate (what Paypal were going to charge me did not match what i was seeing on Bloomberg lol), I ended up with £445 to MBK, and then DHL will likely charge import VAT (20%) and you may also get charged customs duty (2.5% I think), which will take you to about £545

so as far as i can work out, MBK is actually very close to Hannants £557.

hope this helps, and sorry if it seems i was saying one thing and am now saying another - the figures have been changing

cheers

Nick

Edited by nmayhew
re-did my sums and my conclusion! :)

I can't recall the last time, if ever,  a plastic model kit had so many 'variables' in the price nor with RRP seemingly being all over the place subject to who is selling it. I remain convinced that most of these quoted (UK) prices thus far are based simply upon individuals assessing how much (and desperate) potential buyers are to have it and how much they think they can get away with charging for it rather than actual market factors and influences like production costs, logistics and import duty.

WNW had they still been here (and even in the current environment) would still have given a confirmed price for their product ages ago.

Gary

40 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

MBK have just messaged me saying they will not be charging VAT on orders from UK

I tried a sample check out and it did indeed show Eur503 - ie the price was ex-their VAT.

But as it stands, I think that after you get bent over on the FX rate (what Paypal were going to charge me did not match what i was seeing on Bloomberg lol), I ended up with £445 to MBK, and then DHL will likely charge import VAT (20%) and you may also get charged customs duty (2.5% I think), which will take you to about £545

hope this helps, and sorry if it seems i was saying one thing and am now saying another - the figures have been changing

cheers

Nick

looking like hannants is the cheapest makes a change  

21 hours ago, LSP_K2 said:

Thank goodness I'm in no way a Lanc fan. But to those that are, I hope it's a great kit for you.

Your loss, I've had the great fortune to crawl over every square inch of the BBMF Lanc, experienced the Just Jane 'taxi ride', watched the amazing spectacle of the Canadian Lanc in formation with the aforementioned.

I've ran into the back garden like a little kid when it's flown over, shouting "It's the Lanc." - my kids get that.

4 Merlins! It's in the 'British' DNA.

Love it!

On 10/22/2021 at 11:52 AM, nmayhew said:

cheers

Nick

I would agree with your statement re Hannants. Even though I have a wholesale account with them I couldn't sell it any cheaper than they are offering. There is absolutely zero margin in it for me (and I mean zero). 

I am unsure if that is deliberate, as they expect very limited stock and want to maximise their sales, or it's just a case of Border being one of those companies that has a lower discount at the wholesale point of sale (as per Tamiya, Modelcollect, REXx, Rye Field and a small range of other manufacturers) than the majority but it is the case that I couldn't sell this and make anything at all on it or do better than Hannants is offering.

Gary.