Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

46 minutes ago, Royboy said:

It'll be interesting to see how many modellers who hung back for this kit will now actually buy it.

I doubt many will buy it at that price and I'm happy with my HK version anyway so I won't be one of the lucky few to get one.

Hope they stick with 1/32 scale though even if it disappoints them on hoped for sales.

Agree entirely and a sculptor I know who produces commercial figures always moans and says that he would be delighted if a mere fraction of those modellers who publicly post about his new products on internet hobby sites comments like  - "A must buy from me"..."I will buy two"....."Take my money" etc. actually materialised into physical orders and sales...and that's with £30.00-£40.00 figures and not £600.00+ model aircraft kits.

No doubt some will buy at any price but I know at least 5 blokes in my own model club (plus myself) who only last week at our monthly meeting said they would like to buy this kit but are waiting for some proper reviews/pics first of the end product and a stabilising of the (final) price rather than it changing almost daily.

I may be wrong, but I get a feeling that at £600.00, these won't exactly be flying off the shelves as quickly as Border Models would like or anticipate and irrespective of the subject matter and desirability.

Gary 

2 hours ago, Gary Needham said:

I may be wrong, but I get a feeling that at £600.00, these won't exactly be flying off the shelves as quickly as Border Models would like or anticipate and irrespective of the subject matter and desirability.

I think they'll all be snapped up personally. But most of them will be used as an investment tool and never see the light of day in an actual build.

I can see why this would be a grail kit. But I probably won’t get it because, like the WNW Gotha G1 I know I’ll never build it. With all my stash models - I’ll never have time to build them all but I rationalise it with the intention of making them in the future. So buy a huge kit that sits there to speculate on, not how the hobby is for me. Cheers it enjoy if you get it:D

Edited by Pup7309

I don’t really get the whole ‘it’ll be an investment’ type of buy. It’s hardly precious metals, classic cars, or such like. I’m buying one, and will build it. I’m at the point of my life where I see no point in accumulation of kits. I’ll ‘invest’ in stuff that will likely earn me more money than a box of

plastic ever will. 

3 hours ago, AlanG said:

I think they'll all be snapped up personally. But most of them will be used as an investment tool and never see the light of day in an actual build.

I hope they aren't in it for the long haul 'investment' given the average age of those of us in the hobby. Turn a quick buck in 12 -18 months perhaps if they sell out rapidly but I think in the not too distant years ahead, there are going to be some significant changes to the current 'golden age' of modelling. The vast majority of the youngsters in the hobby (I describe those as being under 35 being 58 myself) who I encounter in both my plastic and figures clubs and when I see stuff posted online, seem to be almost exclusively building Bandai and sci-fi subjects and painting 'Fantasy' figures respectively. Only a small percentage of the younger modelers seem interested in 'traditional' genres of the hobby like aircraft / AFV models or Napoleonic/Roman figures etc. respectively.  

Perhaps their tastes may change, but they need to get a move on if they do to maintain the customer base for a steady flow of 'traditional subject' wonder kits like this Lanc coming.

Gary 

16 hours ago, npb748r said:

just spotted that as well - the seller appears to be a model dealer and has both decent and extremely high volume of ebay feedback. There are also some new (to me) photos of the kit on the advert.

I contacted them to ask . His reply was that he was making a template advert for when it arrives and posted it on eBay by mistake 

3 hours ago, viper said:

I contacted them to ask . His reply was that he was making a template advert for when it arrives and posted it on eBay by mistake 

Riiiiight, I wonder if upon realising his "mistake" he would have immediately refunded the money and apologised for the error.....? Too many people these days both on eBay and some traders too are advertising stuff with the deliberate intention of purporting that something is 'in stock' when it isn't, just to get their hands on your money.

Gary

2 minutes ago, alanash1963 said:

up on hannants at£557.99 best price on line 

Mine’s on back order, though I’m still not sure I’ll get one, but with the 10% off it takes the price to £500ish…..very tempting! 

2 hours ago, alanash1963 said:

up on hannants at£557.99 best price on line 

interesting that this is the same price as the other guys were offering originally, and then they all magically go up to about £600...

i wonder if Big H meant to put something different up?

2 hours ago, mozart said:

Mine’s on back order, though I’m still not sure I’ll get one, but with the 10% off it takes the price to £500ish…..very tempting! 

i think you will find that's 10% off the £619.99, not 10% off the £557.99....

sorry to disappoint, but hopefully I am wrong?