Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

It looks beautiful and it is something I would love to own but a 1/32 Lanc is such a big beast and I am now fully reconciled to the fact that I just don't have the room for it so I can set the price aside knowing I won't be tempted to buy for that reason. The other factor of cost that concerns me is would I dare attempt to ever build it for fear of messing up. Nevertheless I love looking at images of the kit and I'm looking forward to seeing what can be achieved once people do build it.

I would certainly consider a cockpit only version of the kit and I'm planning a project using the HK Models nose kit (which is expensive enough) and using the WNW/Border Lanc as a superb reference for things like cabling etc - to get a more accurate end result.

Rich 

Edited by RichG

5 hours ago, Stokey Pete said:

Got my pre-order in with e-models. They’re round the corner from where I live. No shipping. Happy days.

There’s no shipping cost from both Jadlam and e-Models btw

i have also messaged MJR that their £620 is not competitive (usually their prices are pretty good)

34 minutes ago, nmayhew said:

There’s no shipping cost from both Jadlam and e-Models btw

i have also messaged MJR that their £620 is not competitive (usually their prices are pretty good)

I meant no shipping as in the fact I can walk to e-Models to collect it. Cost becomes irrelevant if I don’t need shipping. 

yeah best price in UK is now £595 from MJR

i am lucky enough to not be that price sensitive, but i am intrigued by the "roll the dice with Customs" Luckymodel deal, and perhaps a little closer to home the opportunity to use Modelbau Koenig (MBK) in Germany - their price of Eur599 works out £520ish

i cannot work out from their website whether this includes shipping, although it does say it includes VAT

MBK Eur599 price

cheers

Nick

On 10/15/2021 at 11:28 AM, Gary Needham said:

'emodels' (UK) has it listed for £558.00 (Including VAT) which is the best (declared) price I have seen in this country so far.

Gary

https://www.emodels.co.uk/border-models-1-32-avro-lancaster-b-mark-i-iii-ex-wingnut-wings-010.html

£620.00 TODAY .......so where has the extra 62 quid come from in 72 hours? I think these people are all 'flying a kite' to see how desperately people want this kit and max out the price accordingly. I will (a) see what the plastic is like given it isn't WNW who are in charge of QC and there is a significant difference between the CAD and actual plastic images for this kit and (b) see what any price is once the initial "I must have it at ANY price" sales have filtered through. If I miss it, so what as it would only be a stash queen kit anyway.

Gary

Apparently 620 quid is the price that has been set for the UK. John over at Scalemodelshop has said that's the price he was given to sell it at by the company. Only good thing is that you can get a 5% discount on the price if you are a member of the his forum.

Edited by AlanG

18 hours ago, nmayhew said:

yeah best price in UK is now £595 from MJR

i am lucky enough to not be that price sensitive, but i am intrigued by the "roll the dice with Customs" Luckymodel deal, and perhaps a little closer to home the opportunity to use Modelbau Koenig (MBK) in Germany - their price of Eur599 works out £520ish

i cannot work out from their website whether this includes shipping, although it does say it includes VAT

MBK Eur599 price

cheers

Nick

Deleted - Wrong Information

Edited by Zola25
Wrong Information

5 hours ago, nmayhew said:

MBK Eur599 price

MBK has free shipping to UK on orders above 200€ Nick

or within EU you can get better price with artscale.eu - 539€ +12€ shipping to UK (you have to create account to get 10% discont form original 599€ preorder price)

HTH 

jan

13 hours ago, AlanG said:

Apparently 620 quid is the price that has been set for the UK. John over at Scalemodelshop has said that's the price he was given to sell it at by the company. Only good thing is that you can get a 5% discount on the price if you are a member of the his forum.

I would love to dive into this kit, but the price is a tad too much for me, as well as having nowhere to display the thing when finished! I will live vicariously through the builds that I hope crop up on here!

I didn’t know we got a discount over at scalemodelshop! I order from them all the time.

14 hours ago, AlanG said:

hi Alan,

by which company though - Border or the importer?

if it's Border then hey what can you do, but if it's the importer i do feel like i am being ripped off a tad

11 hours ago, Jan_G said:

MBK has free shipping to UK on orders above 200€ Nick

or within EU you can get better price with artscale.eu - 539€ +12€ shipping to UK (you have to create account to get 10% discont form original 599€ preorder price)

HTH 

jan

hi Jan

thank you for the heads up re Artscale - I had not heard of them before, and whilst i am not 'shy' in ordering from new shops - wherever they may be on the planet - my only concern here is that it's a pre-order with a very long lead time, so refunds if anything went wrong can be problematic, whereas I consider MBK to be 'the German Hannants' - I trust them implicitly (no idea why!).

additionally, they seem noticeably cheaper than anyone else in Europe which always makes me a little suspicious.

as i type MBK have confirmed they are zero shipping on anything over Eur200 to UK, so I think I will be ordering from them.

i feel bad for some of the UK shops as i think this is the importer's doing

cheers

Nick

Edited by nmayhew