Wingnut Wings Lancaster to be released by Border Model

LSP_Kevin

Simply put, it looks incredible. I can already tell that it’s gonna give me so many hours of relaxing joy to build and paint. What a canvas to go to work on with the airbrush. I feel that it’ll be my defining build. I’ve been planning the end of my stash for a couple of years. This could well be it. 

I will buy one of these -  hopefully, God willing I will build it.

To own such a lovely thing alone is part of the pleasure.

Many of us have a stash full of lovely things we intend, someday, to build.

How many multiple Tamiya super kits  do you have hidden? 

Each to his/her own - Spits, Hurricanes & Lancs do it for me. If need be, I will flog some of my other lesser lovely things to afford it.

Not the Whirlwinds though!:o

I saw a price of £700 mentioned on Border’s Facebook page. I’ve got to say it’s injected an element of doubt! Originally Wingnut were talking $400 and their prices translated to the same price in sterling. It’s a beautiful kit, I’ve seen the test shots at Telford and I think it’s light years better than the HKM alternative - but £300 more? It feels very uncomfortable for a box full of beautiful bits!! I’m hoping that the price point improves!!

53 minutes ago, CharmyDown said:

How many multiple Tamiya super kits  do you have hidden? 

Really pleased it's a new kit and happy that there are people on here who will buy it and get months of enjoyment constructing it.  I guess though, it's horses for courses - I don't own a tamiya super kit and have no plans to get one, they are too expensive for what they are and have too much detail for me personally so just think how this beast makes me feel !! The level of detail in those pictures has completely made my mind up on this kit. There's way too much detail for me, I'd be bored with it after about 3 inches of fuselage build (I struggle with movies and TV, anything longer than 20 minutes and I'm gone !!).  That, coupled with it being so big and potentially £700 pushes it so far away from my "I want one of those" threshold. My family would think I'm potty spending that kind of money for a cardboard box of molded plastic and my wife would probably send me to the doctors for a lost marbles check up !! I can see there are lots of happy people on this thread who's Christmases have all come at once, I envy you those feelings and hope I get to see at least some of your works in progress builds as most of what's in the kit I guess wont be seen once the sides are glued together. Happy modelling folks :)