Almost 9 months to the day, we're done! Build log is here: 

If you remember this picture--it is the scene I wanted to recreate, but from the Kitty Hawk's 66-67 Tonkin Gulf cruise.

McDonnell_F-4B_Phantom_II_of_VF-114_landing_aboard_USS_Kitty_Hawk_(CVA-63),_circa_in_1963

Think it came out pretty well.

20210925_123748

Here's a couple more (actually tough to photograph) 

20210925_123546

20210925_123616

20210925_123724

20210925_123807

20210925_122928

20210925_123920

20210925_123041

20210925_123054

Thanks to everyone for following along and your encouragement. Hopefully I showed how easy it is to make a B out of the J kit. She's by no means perfect,  and definitely won't win any awards, but I'm happy to have recreated the scene I had in my head.

Now back to the Prowler build!

-Peter

56 minutes ago, Timmy! said:

Out-friggin-Standing!  Booger.   Nice effort and it paid off.  I love the action and the base is well executed.  Getting back to the Qweer?

Timmy!

Thanks man! Ye’ old girl has been waiting patiently and is now back on the workbench. Lots of thoughts on what and how to tackle the next bits. More on that soon!

It was a real pleasure following along your work. You made it look simple and easy, and it was really inspiring.

The finished beauty is a real stunner, and the dynamic situation make it even more attractive!

I could only wish mine will be half as good as this one! 
can’t wait to see you back at the big prowler. 
Cheers.

Mathieu

Definitely up there as one of my all time favorite builds on LSP.  The conversion, the execution and the final result are absolutely  'on point'....totally awesome! 

Thanks for sharing your skills and ups and downs along the way.....worth every second in my opinion!

Cheers

Anthony 

1 hour ago, MDuv said:

It was a real pleasure following along your work. You made it look simple and easy, and it was really inspiring.

The finished beauty is a real stunner, and the dynamic situation make it even more attractive!

I could only wish mine will be half as good as this one! 
can’t wait to see you back at the big prowler. 
Cheers.

Mathieu

Mathieu, thank you. You're on track to blow this out of the water with what you've already shown us. Even better,  you've made the drawings available for everyone to attempt it. That's what I like about this joint: everyone is willing to share and we all learn and improve. 

1 hour ago, Anthony in NZ said:

Definitely up there as one of my all time favorite builds on LSP.  The conversion, the execution and the final result are absolutely  'on point'....totally awesome! 

Thanks for sharing your skills and ups and downs along the way.....worth every second in my opinion!

Cheers

Anthony 

Anthony, you're making me blush. Was fun having someone as crazy as me working on the same (ish) airframe. Can't wait to see what you've got in store for us, as she's going to be a stunner when done. Now back to that cockpit!

-Peter