ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

2 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Arctic colored 47.

Hmmm, that'd be cool to see!

Tim

Couple of photos of ‘em floating around on the net.  The aviation battalion also had one or two 47s that they modded for very high altitude rescue work around Denali.  No idea what they did to it but they had to use it at least a couple of times while we were there.  No idea what color that one was.

2 hours ago, Hawkwrench said:

Arctic colored 47.

Hmmm, that'd be cool to see!

30 minutes ago, Oldbaldguy said:

Couple of photos of ‘em floating around on the net.  The aviation battalion also had one or two 47s that they modded for very high altitude rescue work around Denali.  No idea what they did to it but they had to use it at least a couple of times while we were there.  No idea what color that one was.

AFAICT most of the arctic based CH-54s were OD/red as apposed to the white/red we sometimes see on other arctic helos

Sikorsky_Skycrane_CH-54B_c.jpg

1 hour ago, Kagemusha said:

Considering how important it is for the Ukrainian economy that all businesses perform as well as they can under the circumstances, I'd be very surprised if the kit isn't released as expected, albeit delayed.

One can only hope! Its an absolute must have for me, and a bench clearer........albeit having 0 modeling MoJo atm. 

ICM Models Sikorsky CH-54A Tarhe US heavy helicopter - Pre-Order Item* (ICM53054) Kitlinx, llc

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=ICM53054

It seems that Kitlinx has it for pre-order.  Though $271 makes me think twice about getting one.  Though I would LOVE to get one.  Decisions, decisions...maybe if I sell a kidney...hmmm :hmmm:

Jim

57 minutes ago, babyduck5 said:

ICM Models Sikorsky CH-54A Tarhe US heavy helicopter - Pre-Order Item* (ICM53054) Kitlinx, llc

https://www.kitlinx.com/cgi/display.cgi?item_num=ICM53054

It seems that Kitlinx has it for pre-order.  Though $271 makes me think twice about getting one. 

That does seem a bit steep. Might have to see what prices stabilize at after it hits the market.

1 hour ago, Out2gtcha said:

That does seem a bit steep. Might have to see what prices stabilize at after it hits the market.

£135 pre-order price at Hannants, that includes 20% VAT, obviously shipping is an unknown, but you can cancel at any time, and no doubt some Polish eBay vendors will sell for a similar price, possibly with cheaper shipping..?

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

Awesome!     I know that blades stowed will be a must for some with this, but for me that would definitely ruin the look, so this giant will need a LARGE resting place. 

No hidden engines here - part count has to be up there, surely adds to the cost.

Used to be one of those thoughts to consider one in 1/35!

Hope the blades will/can be hinged to fold or deploy.

I pretty much have had 0 aircraft modeling MoJo lately, and have been mentally confined to SiFi stuff and landscaping stuff for enjoyment................

But if/when this thing comes out it will be a MUST have for me and possibly a bench clearer. Really looking forward to this one even if it is in *that* scale.  I dont have nearly quite the issue with that scale in helos as I do for any aircraft, so this one will still be high up on my list.