ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

5 hours ago, Mark B. said:

Either way guys, the responses have been "If only, I would be in" or "A 1/35th CH-54? That's too big for my display space"(I'm in this category, although IF they include a working winch, a detachable cargo pod and a 105mm Howitzer, I just might find somewhere to display one) :whistle:, so if they do or if they don't what difference does it make on a thread where we are just expressing our desire to have or not to have?

Hopefully part of the work is done as the 105 mm Howitzer is already available !:rolleyes:

There is a gent over at LSM that directly asked ICM via FaceBook PM (screen shot of the PM is seen to show ICM answering) if the rumor's were true about them producing a Tarhe in 1/35th, or if it was just a rumor.

Their answer was:

"Thats right, we have plans about producing CH-54 in 35th scale! Follow our news!".

So it appears at this point that I was wrong on the scale being a mistake. Never been so glad to be wrong!  

Glad to hear it's a bona fide project, but a little miffed it's 1/35, and that future ICM helicopter subjects will very likely all be in battery-powered scale.

But hey-ho, it's a fantastic subject and I may become more diversity scale tolerant if they do an HH-53C Super Jolly

Tony 

7 minutes ago, Tony T said:

Glad to hear it's a bona fide project, but a little miffed it's 1/35, and that future ICM helicopter subjects will very likely all be in battery-powered scale.

But hey-ho, it's a fantastic subject and I may become more diversity scale tolerant if they do an HH-53C Super Jolly

I completely agree, but as its my all time favorite helo Ill compromise and get one. Actually considering its size, its actually one of the very few airframes I can see why they chose the smaller large scale. But yes, still a bit miffed it too was not in 32nd, but hey ho, I WILL have one regardless. 

12 minutes ago, Out2gtcha said:

I completely agree, but as its my all time favorite helo Ill compromise and get one. Actually considering its size, its actually one of the very few airframes I can see why they chose the smaller large scale. But yes, still a bit miffed it too was not in 32nd, but hey ho, I WILL have one regardless. 

Depending on price, I'll be looking to get one, too. During the summer fire season here (fast approaching now), they base one at our local airport, and it often flies low and directly over our house as it comes in after a day's work. Awesome sight, even more awesome sound!

Kev

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Are the Erickson S-64s new production, or refurbished/upgraded ex-military CH-54s?

Licence built by Erikson after purchasing the manufacturing rights. Don't remember exactly when they bought the rights from Sikorsky. The "Incredible Hulk" and most other such S-64s are newly manufactured with TON of changes from the original Sikorsky design.