ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Has there ever been a helo that size produced prior by anyone?

Has ICM ever produced an aircraft that big, fixed wing or otherwise?

Has there ever even been an LSP kit of the Tarhe put out prior by any manufacturer?

Any of those are why it's the tiniest bit hard to believe.

I'm not saying it's never going to happen,  I'm simply saying there are many reasons it's harder to believe.

I hope that I'm a wrong, as it's my favorite helo by a long shot. 

Plus I'd have to believe interest level for a large scale H-54 wouldn't be anywhere near the interest of 1/32 big WW2 bombers.

For "big" helos, an H-3 or H-46 line would seem to make a lot more sense in large scale, at least those are relatively smaller, span large time periods, many countries/schemes possible, and being a Navy type would regularly also have blades folded to help display.

2 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

Has there ever been a helo that size produced prior by anyone?

Has ICM ever produced an aircraft that big, fixed wing or otherwise?

Has there ever even been an LSP kit of the Tarhe put out prior by any manufacturer?

Any of those are why it's the tiniest bit hard to believe.

I'm not saying it's never going to happen,  I'm simply saying there are many reasons it's harder to believe.

I hope that I'm a wrong, as it's my favorite helo by a long shot. 

Well, there were never kits the size of the 17's and Lancaster produced by anyone either before HK came along.....There were very few LSP's before Trumpeter came along.

There is always a first for everything and every manufacturer. 

If memory serves, there has been a 1/18th scale scratchbuilt Skycrane, i saw it somewhere in the past, not sure it was on LSP, might aswell have been on Britmodeller, but this guy made a fantastic representation with his project.

11 minutes ago, Jack said:

If memory serves, there has been a 1/18th scale scratchbuilt Skycrane, i saw it somewhere in the past, not sure it was on LSP, might aswell have been on Britmodeller, but this guy made a fantastic representation with his project.

Yes, his name was Ron Denning. He also did an X-3 and Tigercat in 1/18.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/features/skycrane18rd_1.htm

Edited by Lee White

1 hour ago, Lee White said:

Yes, his name was Ron Denning. He also did an X-3 and Tigercat in 1/18.

http://www.hyperscale.com/2011/features/skycrane18rd_1.htm

It's here, too:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/article.php?aid=1669

Along with quite a list of Ron's other works:

https://www.largescaleplanes.com/articles/?act=filter&field=author&data=Ron+Denning

Kev

I would be in-line for one of these. Like others have said it is long overdue. I can see it in any livery, Erickson Orange, Evergreen Green or military colors. It would be appreciated if the selection of helicopters be expanded especially in larger scales, 1/48, 1/32 or 1/35. Helicopter subjects have been largely ignored by manufacturers in lieu of over producing 190s, 109s, Mustangs, Tiger and King Tiger tanks, you get what I mean. While the manufacturers are not expanding their subjects they are also not improving their kit engineering and manufacturing. There have been some advances such has the recent release of the Tamiya P38. I diverge.

Simply put, Hell Yes, I would purchase a large scale CH54.

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just so we're all on the same page here:

ICM HAS NOT ANNOUNCED THIS!!  This is based on ONE post on a Facebook group, period.  There is ZERO evidence that ICM is actually going to do a 1/35 CH-54 kit.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Nada.

You’re harshing my mellow Jennings. 

5 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Just so we're all on the same page here:

ICM HAS NOT ANNOUNCED THIS!!  This is based on ONE post on a Facebook group, period.  There is ZERO evidence that ICM is actually going to do a 1/35 CH-54 kit.  None.  Zip.  Zero.  Nada.

So what difference does that make?

So far from what I've read no one has said they (ICM) were releasing the kit, only stating their desire to buy or not to buy.  

If they do release a kit great.  If they don't, it was a nice dream.

14 minutes ago, Mark B. said:

So far from what I've read no one has said they (ICM) were releasing the kit, only stating their desire to buy or not to buy.  

Actually, the first post in the ARC thread that I linked said that.

Announced by ICM at a show in Moscow. Due out in 2022 apparently.”, with a picture of a CH-54 with the ICM logo in the corner.

Edited by Dave Williams

1 hour ago, Dave Williams said:

Actually, the first post in the ARC thread that I linked said that.

Announced by ICM at a show in Moscow. Due out in 2022 apparently.”, with a picture of a CH-54 with the ICM logo in the corner.

21 minutes ago, Jennings Heilig said:

Still nada on their web site though.  I have to wonder if this is like the Airfix 1/48 Vulcan at SMW a few years back.  Something to generate buzz.

Either way guys, the responses have been "If only, I would be in" or "A 1/35th CH-54? That's too big for my display space"(I'm in this category, although IF they include a working winch, a detachable cargo pod and a 105mm Howitzer, I just might find somewhere to display one) :whistle:, so if they do or if they don't what difference does it make on a thread where we are just expressing our desire to have or not to have?