ICM 1/35 CH-54?

Dave Williams

1 hour ago, LSP_Mike said:

Always applaud new 1/32 releases, even if they don't appeal to me and are 1/35.  I'd MUCH rather see a Ch-46.

Honestly, at this size, storage is a big issue for me.  I’d almost rather see them focus on Navy/Marine subjects so I can display them on a shelf with rotors folded.    Phrog or a CH-53A/D would work nicely for me.   No way I could display the CH-54 unless I take the rotors off but that kinda ruins the look if you ask me.  

Edited by John1

Way too big. 2ft rotor span and even longer in length.

As much as I'd like to see more helos in large scale (especially Vietnam), if this announcement is even true, this would be an easy pass for me for the size alone. 

The F-4 as large as it is, to put into perspective how big the H-54 would be in comparison:

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/50/e2/b1/50e2b1041d6a2ff5bcfcbca3e2e89d8d.jpg

this is just superb if true. While I would prefer 1/32 scale, I will do exception and get one

Based on the rumour on britmodeller it seems that ICM is working on AH-1G in 1/35. Hopefully it doesn't mean that they will abandon other helos in 1/32.

16 hours ago, Out2gtcha said:

It does seem the tiniest bit hard to believe.....

With a 72 foot rotor diameter on the 1:1, that puts a 1/35th model at nearly 25"/63 cm.

How is it hard to believe when there are 1/32 B-17's and Lancasters? Hell, 32nd Hornets and Eagles are that size.  

We need an official announcement. At the mo it's just unsubstantiated rumour, and a 1/35 Tahre seems a little on the big side for ICM.

There's reports of a 1/35 Cobra which is a bit strange on the heels of 1/32, with the Moscow fake news brigade churning out mischief unsupported by photo evidence.

My money's on the 1/32 Yak-9 and some 1/48 stuff which hasn't been formally announced. 

Tony 

Edited by Tony T
clarity

4 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

How is it hard to believe when there are 1/32 B-17's and Lancasters? Hell, 32nd Hornets and Eagles are that size.  

Has there ever been a helo that size produced prior by anyone?

Has ICM ever produced an aircraft that big, fixed wing or otherwise?

Has there ever even been an LSP kit of the Tarhe put out prior by any manufacturer?

Any of those are why it's the tiniest bit hard to believe.

I'm not saying it's never going to happen,  I'm simply saying there are many reasons it's harder to believe.

I hope that I'm a wrong, as it's my favorite helo by a long shot.