ICM doing a new Yak-9 family of fighters in 1/32?

esarmstrong

4 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

ICM has just posted a CAD-driven assembly video for this kit on its YouTube channel:

Kev

... and you just KNOW that it will all fit together just that simply, right? :lol:

Rog :)

6 hours ago, Gazzas said:

Wot's an "artillery fighter"?

6 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Ground attack, presumably.

Kev

... and what, pray tell, is the obsession that nations of this era had with 37mm caliber weapons :blink: - it's such an odd number! ... I can understand the Germans with their initial tank design / anti tank weapons designing the "right" Kaliber/Lange combo for turret fit and extrapolating that out to other weapons using the same ordinance ... but the Czech's? ... and the Soviets? ... any allied uses come to mind?

25 minutes ago, Artful69 said:

... and what, pray tell, is the obsession that nations of this era had with 37mm caliber weapons :blink: - it's such an odd number! ... I can understand the Germans with their initial tank design / anti tank weapons designing the "right" Kaliber/Lange combo for turret fit and extrapolating that out to other weapons using the same ordinance ... but the Czech's? ... and the Soviets? ... any allied uses come to mind?

The US used a 37mm cannon in the P-39.

On 6/14/2022 at 12:09 PM, Artful69 said:

... and you just KNOW that it will all fit together just that simply, right? :lol:

I'm sure it'll fit superbly, as ICM kits tend to do. The issues are a/ our own slap dash parts pre-painting and b/ the carpet monster. 

I can see the need for some Aerocraft undercart to avoid the wobbly legged cossack syndrome, and I'd like to see the decals for the wing fuel gauges. 

Looking forward to getting this kit and already wondering what's next?  But this and the Revell Hurricane are high spots this year (as is the medium scale Airfix Bucc).

Tony 

40 minutes ago, Grunticus said:

Can this one be made from the kit version?

gFXAhqP.jpg

This article suggests that it’s a Yak-9M.  Other sources say it’s a Yak-9D.

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Research/Yakovlev/Storrar/

Of the two possibilities, the Yak-9M would be closest to the kit as that version had the cockpit moved back like the -9T.  You would have to slightly modify the nose cannon muzzle part.

8 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Ground attack, presumably.

Kev

In this case, given the current circumstance, “artillery” may also be a euphemism for “Russian.” It’s a tricky moment to kit an iconic Russian design. Emphasizing the Yakovlevs that operated in defense of Ukraine is of a piece with that, I think. 

Adam