ICM doing a new Yak-9 family of fighters in 1/32?

esarmstrong

Holidays over for me, and have returned to the land of passably reliable internet connections.  I did post a couple of comments when able while away, but not on this.  Firstly, I'm glad to see ICM returning to WW2 fixed wing as I'm not a fan of aerial egg beaters.  Secondly, I'm a little disappointed to see it's another Yak, but I'll probably get the kit anyway as it's ICM and not a plane I've ever built before.  I could have wished for a different Russian plane such as a Lavotchkin, but maybe there is one in a future ICM release??  Who knows.

So to console myself, I bought a Tamiya Mustang yesterday as I don't have a P-51 in my stash and although the D is not my favourite, it's Tamiya and their kits are wonderful.  But I wish that had been a B model as I much prefer the look of that version.

There's no pleasing some folk, is there....  :lol:

Cheers,

Michael

5 hours ago, GusM said:

Can't see the images. Am l the only one?

3 hours ago, tomp. said:

Neither can I.

2 hours ago, John1 said:

I can see them fine. 

Whether or not you can see the images Martin posted depends on which browser you're using. Those images are being served from a server using plain old (non-secure) HTTP, whereas LSP is hosted on a server using HTTPS (the S being for secure). Loading HTTP content into a HTTPS page or site produces a result known as 'mixed content'. Some time ago, certain web browsers (Chrome and its derivatives, mainly) decided not to allow mixed content by default, meaning that if it detected any HTTP content being loaded into a HTTPS page, it would refuse to load or display them. The thinking is that loading content into a secure page from a non-secure source breaks the security model. Whether true or not, that's the decision that was taken, and if you can't see the images, you're probably using Chrome. To test if mixed-content is the source of your issue, right-click on the image (or its placeholder) and load it into a new window or tab. If it loads, then it's a mixed-content problem. If it doesn't, then it's probably a broken image link.

Kev

7 hours ago, LSP_Kevin said:

Whether or not you can see the images Martin posted depends on which browser you're using. Those images are being served from a server using plain old (non-secure) HTTP, whereas LSP is hosted on a server using HTTPS (the S being for secure). Loading HTTP content into a HTTPS page or site produces a result known as 'mixed content'. Some time ago, certain web browsers (Chrome and its derivatives, mainly) decided not to allow mixed content by default, meaning that if it detected any HTTP content being loaded into a HTTPS page, it would refuse to load or display them. The thinking is that loading content into a secure page from a non-secure source breaks the security model. Whether true or not, that's the decision that was taken, and if you can't see the images, you're probably using Chrome. To test if mixed-content is the source of your issue, right-click on the image (or its placeholder) and load it into a new window or tab. If it loads, then it's a mixed-content problem. If it doesn't, then it's probably a broken image link.

Kev

Now I can't see them.  Same browser as last night (Edge).   Will this madness ever stop????

49 minutes ago, John1 said:

Now I can't see them.  Same browser as last night (Edge).   Will this madness ever stop????

Edge is based on the same browser engine as Chrome, so you will get the same result. FWIW, I use Firefox, and can see them fine. Eventually, though, all browsers will disallow mixed content, and will refuse to display http-only sites altogether.

Kev