ICM doing a new Yak-9 family of fighters in 1/32?

esarmstrong

Just saw this on Britmodeller.  Too early or late for "April Fools".  Big WOW, if true.  Among their very first efforts were now antiquated toolings of this plane in 1/48 and 1/72 scale.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235099630-132-yakovlev-yak-9-family-by-icm/

Edited by esarmstrong

2 hours ago, Jennings Heilig said:

And let me guess:  Every Yak-9 variant except the Yak-9P and Yak-9U.

Probably right.  But let's wait and see.  Maybe we get a pleasant surprise.  My guess is they start with the Yak-9 D, T (long and short nose versions) & the bomber version.  If they really do decide to do all the various versions of the Yak-9, they could stay busy for a long while.

Edited by esarmstrong

Admittedly, I did not know the difference between the Yak-3 and the Yak-9, aside from six numerical digits. I was surprised to read that the Yak-9 was significantly larger than the Yak-3. However, it appears that both aircraft were highly admired by their pilots. I read about one Polish pilot, who had flown the Spitfire IX, a P-51B, and the Yak series, and he emphatically preferred the Yak for combat. Sure do hope this comes true, and spurs ICM to tackle more 1/32 Russian types, like an Lagg-3 and La-5/7 series.

- Dennis S.

Thornton, CO USA

40 minutes ago, Dennis7423 said:

Sure do hope this comes true, and spurs ICM to tackle more 1/32 Russian types, like an Lagg-3 and La-5/7 series.

Dennis S. Thornton, CO USA

Agreed. I've also asked them for some Russian WWII twin engine subjects too.

Tu-2 or Pe-2 anyone.  Anything Soviet AF would be great. Fingers crossed.