Trumpeter 1/32 EE Lightning tips?

coolingthunder

2 hours ago, Chek said:

The Aires engine nozzle set includes resin panels to fix that awful misshapen scallop at the rear between the jet engines.

Interesting - it never used to?  :blink:

I've made up new sections for this - the Aires nozzle set is a lot better shape (as well as detail) wise than the Trumpeter kit parts.

Iain

This made me get my part built one off the shelf. Somehow I have lost the windscreen. I don’t suppose anyone who’s built a few has a spare one? Don’t hold out much hope of trumpeters parts dept. I’ll pay of course

6 hours ago, Iain said:

Interesting - it never used to?  :blink:

I've made up new sections for this - the Aires nozzle set is a lot better shape (as well as detail) wise than the Trumpeter kit parts.

Iain

I bought mine 6 or 7 years ago. I only wanted the nozzles for my Echelon kit, but as I've since added a Trumpy one I'm glad of them.

Looking at the most recent Aires listing, they no longer seem to be present in the upgrade

Great timing and thanks for starting this thread, my next build is the trumpy lighting. I have the Aires cockpit and exhausts. The cockpit is stunning. But after readings through builds on the internet, i dont think I'll bother with the exhausts, looks way to complicated to make them fit

I also think the 5mm fuselage extension is beyond my skills as i dont think i'll be able to blend the 'fill in' to my satisfaction

Mine will be inflight on a stand with Airfix 1/48 below

https://i.imgur.com/4UH24ib.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1xSSaZA.jpg

I'll start a build thread after i get my current project finished

Edited by Robthepom

• 2 weeks later...

Check reference photos. Without the 5mm extension the wing to fuselage joint falls very noticeably wrong under the canopy.

Adding the extension to each fuselage half is quite simple,and necessary when you notice the error.

I am definitely not a rivet counter,but could not ignore this once it was pointed out.